3024 Ne Alberta St
Portland, OR 97211

Vita Cafe

Neighborhoods: Concordia
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free

Vita Cafe is a Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

LobeliaToadfoot photo

LobeliaToadfoot

The Vita Cafe in Portland, OR

Charming decor, great big open windows (weather permitting), great service, great vegan comfort food.

Seitan Fahita

You get three plates: one has the cold ingredients, another the hot sizzling vegetables & seitan, and the other is empty so you can arrange your fahita on it. The cold ingredients include beans, salsa, vegan sour cream, and guacomole. Very delicious and filling.

Spazz photo

Spazz

Hillsboro, OR

New Location, Same Great Food

Nine of us decided to have a nice leisurely lunch at Vita Cafe. We were lucky enough to get outdoor seating back at their old location, though the table was a little too small for all of us and the umbrellas only managed to shade some of us. As organizer of my group, I sacrificed myself to the sun and took a sunny spot. I survived.

The food may not be worth the cancer I could get as a result of that sun exposure, but it was pretty darn good. I have never had a regular BLT sandwich in my life, so it seemed weird to have a vegetarian one. I really enjoyed it and if my work computer didn’t crash everytime I tried to access the Vita Cafe website, I would tell you more about it. Let’s just say that I really enjoyed it and my guests all really enjoyed what they ordered as well, so I have a feeling that you will probably enjoy the food there as well. I plan on going back many, many times and update this pathetically short review.

Date Visited: Saturday 9/6/08 (Dinner)
It’s one of the rare times that I’m kinda glad my original plans fell through. I had to change my rating for this place thanks to this night.

Buffalo Tofu Wrap

The Buffalo Tofu wrap is currently my favorite, though I have them hold the vegan ranch dressing, as it’s a little much with the barbeque sauce. I usually also get their smoothie with tofu and soy milk instead of apple juice.

Alicks had a ‘Chicken’ Fried Steak meal that came with mashed potatoes and it was all smothered in an almond gravy. OH MY GOD. It’s been over a week since I had it and I’m still craving the darn thing! I want it day after day! I’ve been having some stomach issues and I distinctly remembered that I was not only terribly energized after eating this meal, but my stomach felt fine! I hope it stays a 5-Star place for me and that it’s around for years and years to come.

VampireGran photo

VampireGran

Portland, OR

I forgot how good this place is!

It’s been two years since I’ve dined at Vita – in fact they used to be located across the street from their present location. We went there on a Friday night and the place was packed! We put our names on the list and sat down to wait. We did not have to wait too long, less than 10 minutes. Even though the location is new, it’s still pretty loud in there, but the meal was worth a little noise. Service was good and we were very happy with our meal!

Supergrain Salad

This was a terrific salad. We chose the lemon tahini dressing. The lettuce was lightly dressed; perfect! Topped with black and white quinoa, tempeh “bacon” crumbles (yummy!), red peppers, pumpkin seeds, currants and guacamole. The salad was consumed by two of us so it was the perfect amount as we planned to share two other items on the menu.

Buffalo Tofu Wrap

This was tasty! Fried tofu pieces were a little large. I would have preferred them to be smaller as the large chunks were a bit on the chewy side. The buffalo sauce was good and could have been spicier, but we just added some Ardvark sauce, which was perfect! Lettuce, tomato and vegan ranch dressing all wrapped up in a perfectly soft wheat tortilla. It was quite good and I would definetly order this item again.

Reuben Sandwich

Served on perfectly toasted marble rye bread, this sandwich was mighty tasty. We chose the homemade faux turkey which is much better than any Tofurkey I have ever consumed (and I have consumed a lot of Tofurkey over the 33 years I have been vegetarian!). The saurkraut was perfect, not too drippy or messy. The vegan 1000 Island dressing was really good. We liked this sandwich a lot although my spouse said it was not as good as the Reuben they make at Follow Your Heart Restaurant in Southern California, but then, that’s a long drive from Portland!

sonyahetrick photo

sonyahetrick

Good food

This place is busy but nice.

Mac and "Cheese"

I’ve never had vegan cheese before that I liked, but this dish was good!

dtwood photo

dtwood

Portland, OR

vegan food need not taste like cardboard

as much as i wanted to like this place after two visits i had to stop. overpriced and bland despite the great location and decent ambiance.

Vegan Vegetarian Wifi
Sun-Thu 08:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 08:00AM - 11:00PM
City Thai

Thai in Hillsdale

Vita Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Vita Cafe is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: "Vita Cafe" Facebook Portland, Alberta Take Out Food In Portland, Vita Cafe Portland Menu, Last Thursday Vita Cafe, Vita Cafe In Portland, Vita Cafe Portland, and Vegan Comfort Food Alberta.