1750 N Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035-2713

VUNG Tau II Restaurant

Cuisine: Vietnamese, Catering, Lunch

• 7/16/2017

A diner from Los Altos, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/27/2015

A Vietnamese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 1/13/2015

A Vietnamese food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 12/13/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 1/15/2014

A Vietnamese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/27/2013

A diner from Cu Chi, 20 tried it.

Ah… Vung Tau II brings back many memories. My first e...

Ah… Vung Tau II brings back many memories. My first experience with this restaurant is actually back at the original Vung Tau in San Jose back in the early 90’s when everybody was raving about “mi kho.” Ever since Vung Tau II opened in Milpitas, my family has gone there for both family style dinners as well as individual portion meals. I would take all my all of my friends there so they experience Vietnamese food that wasn’t “pho” and is still a definite must-go when I visit home.

The dish that I lived off of was Hu Tieu Nam Vang Kho but over the past few years switched to Hu Tieu Ba Nam Sadec Kho because of the crunchy shrimp cracker. Both dishes include clear slightly-chewy noodles covered in their special pork sauce, small pork grinds (pay attention to these), sliced pork meats, shrimp, chives, a small bowl of salty broth, and a side of additional vegetables. The difference between the dishes is that the former contains several normal size shrimp and the latter contains a large jumbo shrimp and also a fried shrimp cracker.

Prices in the restaurant have sored in recent years and Vung Tau in general is one of the priciest “Vietnamese for Vietnamese” that I’ve been to. Prices are actually pretty much identical to “Vietnamese for American” which are generally THE most expensive Vietnamese restaurants you can find. The last time I was in NorCal Vung Tau II was slightly less expensive than Vung Tau I with the Hu Tieu dishes at $6.95 as opposed to $7.95. Also be aware that they charge extra for “kho” dishes. I don’t know if that’s is supposed to be the case because it isn’t listed anywhere on the menu, but they always ninja’ed on an extra charge for it.

And falling within stereotype, Vung Tau II has one of the poorest services of any restaurant I’ve ever been to. Since my family eats at a lot of restaurants, we notice the migration of restaurant workers from one place to another and unfortunately Vung Tau II seems to have the worst of everywhere. I would always order the same dish but some how they’d mix it up with someone else’s or forget to make it “kho.” Be very clear when ordering. Also, if they seat you down near the restrooms they will tend to forget you. Ask to sit somewhere in the main room where you will be visible.

Parking during lunch and dinner hours can be a pain because the restaurant is located next to an Asian grocery supermarket (Lion) and also several other restaurants and shops.

4 stars because I love the food but not the extra baggage that comes along with it.

Vietnamese Catering Dinner

VUNG Tau II Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Vung Tau Milpitas Menu, Vung Tau 2 Menu, Vung Tau 2, Vung Tau Menu, Vung Tau Ii Restaurant Menu, Vung Tau Ii, and Vung Tau Ii Menu.