310 Yale Ave
Claremont, CA 91711-4726

Walter's Restaurant

Cuisine: Afghan, Lunch, Catering

Walter's Restaurant is a Afghan, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
  • 6/24/2020

A diner from Claremont, CA tried it.

• 6/20/2020

An Afghan chowhound from US tried it.

• 5/06/2017

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 3/31/2017

An Afghan chowhound from US tried it.

• 3/26/2017

A diner from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 6/11/2016

A diner from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/18/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/10/2015

A diner from Rancho Cucamonga, CA tried it.

• 3/14/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

• 2/05/2015

An Afghan food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

DonnaMarie photo

DonnaMarie

Glendora, CA

Sunday Champagne Brunch: All you can eat and...

Sunday Champagne Brunch: All you can eat and drink buffet style. 10:30am – 2:30pm. $21.95
Eggs, bacon, and sausage and salmon were about the only usual breakfast foods they offered. Quiche was a nice addition to the choices, unfortunately, it wasn’t the best quiche I have had. Broasted chicken, beef Straganoff, and various Mediterranean foods were the rest of our choices. What was annoying was there were no food tags on anything, so my tastebuds were at work identifying the Curried cauliflower and eggplant onion dish. The grapeleaves were a bit bland. They had what looked like Indian Pratha, which I normally love, but it was cold. This really could have been good if it was warm. They had pita chips to scoop the eggplant spread and this lima bean dish. There were squares of something that seemed like polenta topped with grilled mushrooms. I was thrilled to see Brie on the cheese platter, but let down when there were no water crackers to go with it. BAD. Brie on a pita chip isn’t too bad I guess. The tomato, cilantro, avocado salad was the high light. My goodness, so refreshing and flavorful.

But what was the downfall is we were seated outside on a patio that was enclosed on three sides by walls of buildings had a big tarp roof over the whole thing. Big mistake. By the end of our meal, I was ready to pass out from the heat. I felt like that tarp was just making a heat box.

Never never never sit outside if you go during a heat wave.

Elainemk27 photo

Elainemk27

Claremont, CA

New Years' Eve Rip Off

The New Year’s Eve Party at Walter’s was the worst expenditures of money. It was shocking in light of this restaurant is one of our favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We paid $90.00 per person, this included a horrible appetizer buffet of chili, overcooked chicken wings and small little pizza’s (this appetizer part cost $25.00 over the coverage charge per person). Our price also included wine and mixed well drinks…what was covered changed as the night progressed. So, drinks we thought were included we had to pay for…. The DJ in the cottage played the worst music most of the time, there were a few songs that you could dance to….my party (the six of us) went up to dance and he left with his girlfriend. When he returned, we asked him to play Motown or Michael Jackson. This was the only time he responded to a request from us. I spoke to two managers – the first one – the female daughter of the owners was fantastic—-she said she was sorry and asked me what she could do to improve the experience-she brought us a bottle of champagne which was a nice gesture. When her brother, thee manager came to our table and asked how things were, he looked surprised when I said not good and we felt like we were getting ripped of to pay $180.00 per couple. When I stood up to talk to him he was totally defensive, asked me how many drinks I had, which was incredibly insulting. (I had two) I did lose my temper at that point and told him that I felt he was saying F you and advised him to take some customer service classes. Unfortunately an experience like this poisons your impression of a restaurant. Fortunately, the other manager was elegant. We will try to remember that experience as Walter’s has been one of our favorite restaurants in Claremont. When his father managed the restaurant an experience like this would not have occurred.

I apologized to my friends as I had encouraged them to come to Walters and we ended paying over $600.00 for the six of us which was may be worth $150.00.

formerfoodie photo

formerfoodie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Save your stomach - Stay away!

This restaurant is touted as a “locals favorite”. All I can say is they must have paid a lot for that reputation. This is one of the worst restaurants I have ever been to.

Let’s start with the fact that we went on a Sunday and although there were tons of open tables, we waited 15 minutes to be seated. Once seated, we were served bread immediately, but didn’t see a server for an additional 12 minutes. By this time we were starving, so we opted for the Sunday Brunch buffet. Buffet is a loose term here, as there was one chafing dish with a little bit of very bland eggs and bacon, and the rest of the food was Mediterranean. Because they have no name cards listing what the food was, we had to try a bit of everything, because we had no idea what the dishes were.

We came back to our table, and even though my purse and glasses were on the table, the busboy had bussed the table and removed our drinks and utensils. So…..waiting another 8 minutes for new utensils and beverages, we now find out that the food is hideous – actually, it is not edible.

So……being starving, and upset for having to pay $25 per person for horrible food, we decided that the desserts, (which looked like standard boxed stuff) would have to fill us up. We go back to the buffet, pile up a plate of dessert, and come back to our table. You guessed it – the busboy had once again bussed our table, removing our drinks and utensils. So………..wait another 5 minutes, and now we find out the dessert is as bad as the food.

I have never in my life left a buffet hungry. This is positively the worst restaurant I have ever been to in my life. With so many good restaurants in downtown Upland, walk on by when you see this one.

Buffet

Simply not edible

8/11/2021

A dining patron from Carlsbad, CA tried Marie Callender's and liked it.

5/19/2021

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Inka Trails.

3/13/2021

A diner from US tried Patty's Mexican Food.

2/07/2021

A dining patron from US tried Casa Jimenez, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food and amazing service!
1/17/2021

A diner from US tried B C Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Jimmy woods in
1/15/2021

A Latin American chowhound from Claremont, CA tried Inka Trails, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
We have been waiting for them to return; especially after TWO Peruvian restaurants closed their doors last year.
12/01/2020

A diner from Seal Beach, CA tried The Upper House.

11/10/2020

A Sandwiches food lover from US tried Salad Farm in Village.

10/26/2020

A dining patron from US tried Heroes Restaurant and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

9/22/2020

A dining patron from Diamond Bar, CA tried B C Cafe.

Afghan Delivery Lunch

Walter's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Walter's Restaurant is located near the cities of Montclair, La Verne, and Pomona.
People found this by searching for: Walters In Claremont, Walters Claremont Menu, Walters Sunday Brunch, Walter's Restaurant Claremont, Walters Restaurant Claremont, Walters In Claremont Menu, Walters Claremont Breakfast Menu, Walters Restaurant, and Walter Restaurant.