2020 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121

Wann Japanese Izakaya

Neighborhoods: Pike Place Market
Cuisine: Izakaya, Japanese, Lunch

Wann Japanese Izakaya is a Izakaya, Japanese, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

ichikoo photo

ichikoo

Seattle, WA

Great service!! And tasty food, yet again.

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

So I previously wrote that this place is good and it’s pricey, and the service is pretty good. I just wanted to review more items and also mention that their service is once again very good.

They did not mind at all that we wanted the bill split in a funky way. We marked what should go in which bill, and they just did it for us. They were also very attentive and made sure that we had enough tea, water, and sake.

Yakisoba Omelet

This was so good. I’d order it again for sure!

So good…

Kurobuta Sausage

It’s a bit expensive for what you get, but it’s definitely the best sausage that I’ve had so far.

Egg Plant Agedashi

Never had it before, and I’d get it again. Very good!

Duck'n Roll

Interesting and good.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Great choice for late-night lounging in Belltown

I was really happy to have stumbled across this izakaya on a late-night jaunt through Belltown this past weekend. The quiet, chill ambiance of Wann on 2nd was the perfect remedy to the raucous scenes at the bars on 1st.

The interior of Wann was a nice blend of traditional japanese-style dark wood seating and booths with a more modern touch of upbeat music and old-school anime playing on the TV at the bar. The place was surprisingly empty for a Saturday night – apparently location matters a huge amount in Belltown, as if Wann was on 1st I’d expect it to be packed every night til closing.

The quieter location explains why Wann offers what sealed the deal for me: happy hour til 2am on the weekends. With a good selection of tasty food and beverages, Wann offers a tough to beat combination of ambiance, location and value for late-night lounging. I’ll definitely be back here often.

Chicken Karaage

Very tender pieces of chicken, though a bit oily.

Spicy Tuna Roll

Decent, but nothing outstanding about this roll.

Takoyaki

Big and tasty, with sizable chunks of octopus.

summerfugue photo

summerfugue

Seattle, WA

Stylish decor and stylish drinks

I was here for Happy Hour on a weekday. Btw, Happy Hour is all night long on Mondays! I liked the decor of the place (try to get the cozy booths on the elevated platform), but then it’s on stylish 2nd Ave downtown. They offer a pretty good selection of HH choices with some cocktails as well. I like it that you can substitute vodka for shochu in the cocktails, makes it a more authentic Japanese experience.

Potato wedges

How can you go wrong with fried potato wedges with seasoning? I wouldn’t order these here coz the portions are small as compared to having it at some American HH place.

Takoyaki

I must say their takoyaki is very good. Well, according to my friends, it’s the best in Seattle.

Cold tofu

Hm, i rather like this dish although some might find it tasteless. But the tofu is cold and soft, and you’re to eat it with some ginger sauce.

Chicken Karaage

This tastes like guiltless fried food indulgence. Mainly coz I don’t find it very oily although it’s still crispy and tasty.

Steamed Mussels

Ha, this is good value for money coz there’s lots of it. And the broth is oh-so-yummy!

Sashimi appetizer

This is expensive at $7. And coz it’s part of HH menu, I suspect they use less than fresh fish. Plus, the portions are puny.

Fried ika skewers

These are fried breaded cuttlefish on sticks. It was so hard I think I must have chipped my tooth getting it off the stick!

KenHsu photo

KenHsu

Seattle, WA

Having heard some good things about this place - we came ...

Having heard some good things about this place – we came here for dinner. Although looking at the menu outside of the place this place would’ve been perfect for happy hour (like Wasabi Bistro).

The decor inside is nice – a mixture of traditional and modern. Seats are nicely cushioned and comfortable. We shared a number of dishes, including

We shared a number of rolls (Fire Castle, Spider, Wann, Spicy Sea Treasure), and a Yakisoba Omelete. Out of all the rolls I think I like the Wann rolls the best. The Yakisoba Omelete is interesting too. A friend had chicken teriyaki (comes with rice ahd miso soup), and I also had a Ramune (Japanese soda, standard lemonade flavour)

Overall, very good food, good ambience, but I think coming here for happy hour is a much better deal – I will be coming back for more :)

echuckles photo

echuckles

yummy and slow service.

yummy and slow service.

Good food and great atmosphere. The service was poor and ...

Good food and great atmosphere. The service was poor and we had to wait for a bit. However, happy hour prices are excellent and so are the food choices.

Izakaya Japanese Belltown
Sun-Wed 07:00PM - 12:00AM (Dinner)
Thu-Sat 07:00PM - 11:00PM (Dinner)
Sun-Sat 05:00PM - 07:00PM (Happy Hour)
Thu-Sat 11:00PM - 02:00AM (Happy Hour)
Ajwumo6ycr4ie0eje4dzty

Dhwkfwpo0r24nmabblkses
bluerhapsodies

Redmond, WA

Wann Japanese Izakaya  Restaurant Reviews

Wann Japanese Izakaya is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Seattle Takoyaki, Wann Izakaya Yelp, Takoyaki Seattle, Wann Seattle Happy Hour Menu, Good Izakaya, Takoyaki Pike Place Market, Wann Japanese Izakaya, Wann Seattle Drink, and Wann Happy Hour Menu.