2311 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121-1709

Wasabi Bistro

Neighborhoods: Belltown
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi, Bistro

Wasabi Bistro is a Japanese, Sushi, and Bistro restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 5/29/2019

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 5/28/2013

A Japanese chowhound from WA tried it and liked it.

• 4/20/2013

A diner from Bellevue, WA tried it and liked it.

PriyaPuri photo

PriyaPuri

Seattle, WA

So over rated that it could only last in Belltown. I'm al...

So over rated that it could only last in Belltown. I’m all for “trendy” restaurants, but this really isn’t one of them.

The decor is mediocre, the sushi is so blah that it could be in the deli aisle at the grocery store..and not a good one at that. The service is mediocre, the drinks are mediocre…to put it simply this restaurant screams mediocrity…I’m not sure why it does well other than it’s in belltown..

There’s much better sushi in this town..and trendier restaurants.

jenmlee21 photo

jenmlee21

Seattle, WA

The specialty rolls are interesting, yummy, and huge! Sti...

The specialty rolls are interesting, yummy, and huge! Still have yet to try their Nigiri or Sashimi (which is the REAL test for me!). I was a bit disappointed to see several rolls that included cream cheese, but I guess this place’s claim to fame is not “authentic” :). Gen Mai Cha and edamame are served by default which was very cool, but the extremely creepy waiter detracted from my experience. Overall, the food was very good, and I’d definitely go back!

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

trendy, but fun with a good happy hour in Belltown

Again, most Belltown restaurants are where you want to go for trendy spots and nice atmosphere. This is one of those “bistro” places. Personally, I only really like going here for their happy hour, which is quite good. They have a menu that’s between $2 and $6. Not many drinks on special during happy hour, so just go here for HH food. Their regular menu is a little pricey and I’d go somewhere else for dinner. Free edamame is a plus!

I've been coming here since it probably opened. I must e...

I’ve been coming here since it probably opened. I must explain, I do not eat sushi though I love to frequent Japanese restaurants. The kabocha dumplings with mushroom and sweet soy will always be high on my list of favorites here, as well as the vegetable tempura. Both of these have remained on the menu though the menu changes time to time.

Dessert has NEVER been disappointing. Everything is great though i prefer the chocolate molten cake. Most rave about the green tea tiramisu though.

The restaurant itself has an awesome ambience. The bathroom plays the BEST reggaeton in town! The manager has never disappointed, checking on all tables making sure you are satisified.

ViPham photo

ViPham

Seattle, WA

Really good for late night sushi cravings,...

Really good for late night sushi cravings, edamame beans galor, tasty sushi roll selections and friendly service.

Happy Hours happen between M-TH between 4-6 or 11-1am and can get pretty crowded on the weekends.

Best 'trendy' sushi in town

Wasabi Bistro is hands down the best place for ‘trendy’ sushi, which is in a category of it’s own against traditional sushi. For that, I would go to either Ototo on the top of Queen anne hill or even to Shiro’s.

Many people compare this place to Shiro’s but I don’t even know why they’d do that. the atmosphere and menus are completely at odds with each other. Wasabi Bistro has the typical belltown atmosphere — beautiful food and (sometimes) beautiful people :)

They have a good mix of hot food and sushi, but the hot food is unremarkable. Stick to sushi and you’re golden. Their happy hour is a good deal with lots of items at great prices and smaller portions allowing you to try more of their menu.

Mango Tango roll

I would have NEVER thought fruit in sushi would taste good, but this blew my socks off. Try it now!

NoHateHere photo

NoHateHere

Maybe Sushi is Like Crack

Once you have your first hit you search the rest of your life for that same experience. Wasabi Bistro is fine. Belltown elite don’t seem to mind a dirty floor or a dishwasher running none stop in the open bar feet from their table. The sushi was fine as well. With my attempt to highlight the positives in life I find it hard to avoid some negative. Maybe the room from of belltowners that day just didn’t give off the right vibe. I never say no to eating so I’m sure I’ll have chance to stop in here again.

Sushi Roll #1

Sushi seems to have the perception of “cheap”, but what you get is lots of rice and a few ounces of fish. I’ve never been misguided but from the amount of people in the room when I dined it seems to work on a lot of the populous.

leah_keith photo

leah_keith

Seattle, WA

One of my favorite bistros in seattle!

I cant even count on both hands on how many times I have been to the Wasabi Bistro. It is one of my favorite places to eat. The food is fantastic and servers always treat you with respect. My favorite place to sit is at the sushi bar. Its exciting watching the chefs prepare your meal as well as the rest of the restaurants meals. I love there green decadence roll. It is fab! They really know how to combined the unique flavors together so it is not to over whelming. Also, they have a really cheap happy hour. You can get a cup of miso soup for $1 and a roll for $3. What else could you ask for?

Green Decadence Roll

My favorite dish, so flavorful it makes you want to get a second roll.

calamari salad

Also one of my faves. The aioli they use for the dressing is so creamy and tasty. I always get an extra side.

Japanese Belltown Sushi

Cxi0fk-p8r4ktmeje4bmuj
justin

Chicago, IL

Wasabi Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Wasabi Bistro is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: I Love Wasabi Seattle Menu, Wasabi Bistro Seattle Menu, Wasabi Restaurant Seattle, Wasabi Bistro Seattle Coupon, Wasabi Bistro Il Take Out Menu, Wasabi Bistro, and Wasabi Bistro Coupon.