15455 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005

Wasabi Sushi & Lounge

Cuisine: Japanese, Fusion, Cafe

Wasabi Sushi & Lounge is a Japanese, Fusion, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 3/29/2014

A Japanese food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/19/2014

A Japanese food lover from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Great sushi with Monday specials

I kept wanting to try this place and finally I was in the area and glad it happened to be a Monday. They have specials on Monday nights where some of the rolls are up to 10% to 1/2 off. I wasn’t quite sure how it all worked as my server didn’t explain it, so I had to ask. They gave a sheet of paper with all of the discounted prices listed. After I understood everything, I ordered the Tuna Tartare appetizer and the Las Vegas roll. The food was very good and I can’t go back to try more rolls.

Tuna Tartare

Tuna Tartare – Tortilla chips layered with spicy tuna tartare. I thought that you would get a couple but the dish came out with 5 or 6 with nice size portions of the tuna tartare with a touch of avocado on top. This was so good I wanted to eat it all but it was almost too much for one person.

Las Vegas roll

Las Vegas roll – Salmon and creamy sauce over spicy crab, crunch and avocado. This had to be one of my favorite rolls. Very fresh. The roll was normally $12, but with the Monday special was only $8.

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

Don't pass this place by!

I’m not sure where to start! I am tempted to call this place a “hole in the wall” not because it is tucked away on some unknown street and difficult to find, but simply because it’s located in a little strip mall that sits in the shadow of Brookfield Square.

The decor is clean and simple, all straight lines and mute colors. It really sets the stage for the incredible masterpieces that are soon to be displayed right in front of you (aka… your food)! The staff is obviously passionate about the food they serve… when asked, everyone from our server to the bartender was able to list off a favorite item (or five). We took their suggestions to heart and had an absolutely phenomenal meal! The only black mark was when the manager very loudly and very publicly reprimanded one of the bartenders. If that sort of shaming is a regularly used tactic, I’m amazed that man has anyone willing to work for him at all.

Agedashi Tofu

I know this seems obvious but for some reason, I am always surprised when the tofu is bland. However, it was served in a tasty broth and very well-presented.

Shumai

Perfect bite-sized pieces.

Monkey Brain at Wasabi Sushi & Lounge

Monkey Brain

Pretty good. Maybe it’s just me, but it seemed like a lot of these dishes had a rather over-generous amount of sauce, so the flavor of what you actually ordered got a little lost under all of it.

Scallop Bata Yaki at Wasabi Sushi & Lounge

Scallop Bata Yaki

Delicious, and the presentation was stunning! So tasty that we ate every last bite.

Scallop Bacon Maki Kushi

Large scallops wrapped in bacon and again, a stunning presentation. Both the bacon and the scallops were cooked to perfection… sometimes the tendency is to undercook one and overcook the other. Delicious!

Flaming Dragon at Wasabi Sushi & Lounge

Flaming Dragon

A powerful presentation and absolutely unforgettable flavor. A must try!

Arizona Roll

A little skimpy on the masago.

Oh-My-God Roll

Couldn’t help but to compare it to its flaming sister and it didn’t quite measure up… but still very tasty!

Black Widow at Wasabi Sushi & Lounge

Black Widow

Wow… kudos to the chef that thought this one up! Absolutely delicious. Made with black rice instead of sushi rice and rolled up with soft shell crab and avocado, the flavor and texture of this was amazing. The black rice had a subtle, nutty flavor that reminded me of bulgur.

Wasabi Crab Cake at Wasabi Sushi & Lounge

Wasabi Crab Cake

Amazing, and the balsamic glaze drizzled on the plate to drag it through was wonderful!

MLM22 photo

MLM22

Another great sushi restaurant

I’ve typically been pretty boring when it comes to sushi, ordering the same thing no matter where I go, but I’ve branched out a little in the last year and discovered some new rolls that I really like. Wasabi has two new favorites. I’ve always had good service at Wasabi and I really like the atmosphere. I always go Monday nights when rolls are “up to half off.” I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves sushi. I tried the Cali Crunch and Rock ’n Roll. They are both fried, so not healthy options, but soooo good.

Cali Crunch

This roll includes crab and avocado, but the special touch is it is rolled in sweet potato chips. Delicious!

Pavlovshuman photo

Pavlovshuman

It was okay.

The service was good. We had a large group. The waitress told us early on that she was new. It was okay. The atmosphere was a little dank. The restrooms were unremarkable and left questions on what the rest of the back rooms looked like.

Tempura Vegetable Sushi

They were fine. Our group was there on a night when all rolls were 50% off which made our meals a great value. Not sure if I will return; too many other good choices in our area.

Japanese Fusion Cafe

Wasabi Sushi & Lounge  Restaurant Reviews

Wasabi Sushi & Lounge is located near the cities of Elm Grove.
People found this by searching for: Wasabi Sushi Vernon Menu, Wasabi Brookfield Menu, Wasabi Vernon Menu, Wasabi Sushi Lounge, Wasabi Brookfield, Wasabi Sushi Brookfield Menu, and Wasabi.