2414 Se Tones Dr
Ankeny, IA 50021

Waterfront Seafood

Cuisine: Catering, Lunch, Mediterranean

Waterfront Seafood is a Catering, Lunch, and Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Amazing sushi"
"great sea food, yes."
  • 1/21/2021

A Catering chowhound from Des Moines, IA tried it.

• 11/05/2020

Pros
    Amazing sushi
  • 9/26/2020

Pros
    great sea food, yes.
  • 6/25/2020

A diner from Des Moines, IA tried it.

• 2/23/2018

A dining patron from Des Moines, IA tried it.

Wolfie81 photo

Wolfie81

Des Moines, IA

Great Fresh Salads But Disappointed with the Scallops

Our first time at this restaurant and we found the place to be clean and the seafood was very fresh and our salads were wonderful.

I have found that a true test of a good seafood restaurant is by trying the Sea Scallop preparation. These preparations can range from just tasting terrible and rubbery to being absolutely superb. So I boldly gave the Sea Scallops a try. For presentation, I spied on my plate around six nicely browned although very puny looking scallops along with an unappealing large chunk of bread. The scallops were fresh and tender though, with a very little bit of grit which is not perfect but acceptable. My biggest disappointment was that these little morsels were absolutely tasteless with no apparent use of seasoning or any other special preparation.

My expectation for great Sea Scallops is to behold large, silver dollar sized sea scallops seasoned to perfection with a hint of lemon and sage as that would really satisfy my palate.

We’ll be back again to give the Waterfront a second chance.

Seaforrd Parking Catering

Waterfront Seafood  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Waterfront Restaurant Ankeny, Waterfront Restaurant Ankeny Menu, Waterfront Restaurant In Ankeny Iowa Kids Menu, Waterfront Ankeny Menu, Waterfront Des Moines Iowa, Waterfront Restaurant Ankeny Ia, and Waterfront Ankeny.