Wendell Smith's Restaurant

Cuisine: Californian, Home Cooking, Soul Food

Wendell Smith's Restaurant is a Californian, Home Cooking, and Soul Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Good Southern food."
"Love the daily specials - especially the veggies! Breakfast is served all day and is always great, too!"
"they always have good veggies and cornbread-and I love their fried okra."
"Roast beef plate was very good"
"Great great great"
"I love Wendell's their food is Good"
"e.g. apple pie, fast service,kid friendly and the people are great and the food is all-around awesome "
"Best meat and veggies in TN. Family run and opperated. The staff has been there forever."
" wonderful veggies, excellent service, friendly helpful staff. .."
"The food is Great....."
Cons
"My mom remembers the place as a young child, shes in her 60's. The inside paint has possibly, been there as long. I little paint would go a long way."
"Parking can be challenging at very busy times"
Comments
"There Customer Service is Great"
"As I sit here eating hospital food, I sure wish I had thought about Wendell Smith's. It's worth the drive and $$$"
  • 8/21/2017

A Californian chowhound from Nashville, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good Southern food.
  • 2/14/2017

A Californian food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/23/2016

• 9/30/2016

A Californian food lover from Arlington, TN tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/19/2016

A Californian food lover from Arlington, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/25/2016

A Californian food lover from Nashville, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 1/07/2016

A Californian chowhound from Nashville, TN tried it.

• 1/06/2016

A Californian food lover from Ten Mile, TN tried it.

• 11/18/2015

A Californian food lover from Antioch, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    they always have good veggies and cornbread-and I love their fried okra.
  • 11/17/2015

A Californian food lover from US tried it.

foodacious photo

foodacious

Nashville, TN

Meat ant Three!

It is a moderately chilly day on All Hollow’s Eve. My companion and I are running errands for my sick grandmother who is staying in the hospital just a short distance down the road. Our spirits are less than festive. Our stomachs are growling and there’s not much money in our pockets, or enough time to go home and catch a bite. We pass a few local fast food restaurants, but I had heard my mom say how much she likes Wendell Smith’s. So we stop in.

I smile at the waitress dressed as a mummy and she tells me to pick a table and she’ll be with me shortly. We pick a table near the back and expect a long wait as the place is crowded and busy. To our surprise the mummy returns with a smile and takes our orders. I order roast beef and gravy with turnip greens, macaroni and cheese, and potato salad. My companion orders bratwurst and sauerkraut, okra, mashed potatoes, and of course macaroni and cheese. We take a moment to look around the place, the warm style in which the tables are aligned; close, but not too close. The entire mood of the restaurant is homey and reminds me of my grandmother’s kitchen when she was well.

As quickly as our orders were taken, our food arrives, steaming from right out of the kitchen. The roast beef is tender and moist as if cooked all day long. The gravy is just thick enough and compliments the roast beef. My mouth watered with one look at the turnip greens, tender and delicious. It was obvious that care had been taken. Potato salad and macaroni and cheese, both are my comfort foods and both hit the spot. One look at my companion and I can see that he is enjoying his just as well.

There is a smile on my face as the waitress bids us a farewell, a smile that wasn’t there before. Friendly staff, clean and homey, and a good selection of meat and three’s to satisfy my need for a good home cooked meal. The service was quick despite heavy traffic and my wallet allows for a bouquet of flowers to bring to my grandmother.

Roast Beef and Gravy

Hot and tender beef, all the way. The roast tasted as if it was cooked slowly on a lazy Sunday with nothing else on the cook’s mind but the suppleness of the roast.

Judy56 photo

Judy56

Nashville, TN

Don't Miss This!!!

You have got to try Wendell Smith’s—unless you want to overpay for food that doesn’t even taste good—then you can go elsewhere. Wendell’s food is really good—home cooking—great portion sizes—homemade sides are really great—and the price is amazing—meat and three for 7.50? I am all over that like white on rice. The service is fast—if you only have an hour for lunch you can make it—the servers are great—you feel like family there. Very relaxed. They are busy at lunch—but you can still get in and out fast. I am so grateful to live close by—I eat there at least once a week. Daily specials—fried chicken on Wednesday and Pork chop on Thursday are my favorites—although their meat loaf on Tuesday is excellent.

Fried Chicken

Fried chicken is the best I have ever had—sorry KFC. Add those homemade sides and you are in high cotton!

January 16, 2010

Wonderful Breakfast can be hard to find

Based on the reviews, this must be a great meat and three, too. In my opinion meat and threes are a dime a dozen in Nashville however breakfast places are a little more rare. Wendell's had good service and all the breakfast basics at very…

10/18/2017

A Mexican food lover from Nashville, TN tried El Sombrero in Lennox Village.

10/17/2017

A Burgers food lover from Nashville, TN tried Applebee's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/17/2017

A dining patron from Nashville, TN tried Lil Cee's in Talbot's Corner and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

10/15/2017

A dining patron from US tried O'Charley's in Green Hills.

10/15/2017

An American food lover from Murfreesboro, TN tried Lil Cee's in Talbot's Corner, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/15/2017

A dining patron from Old Hickory, TN tried Box Seat in Green Hills, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
The last time I was there was when I work at the one in Hermitage
10/09/2017

An American food lover from Lenoir City, TN tried Bennigan's and liked it.

10/09/2017

A dining patron from US tried Surreal Spice Creations and liked it. They liked the food.

10/08/2017

A diner from US tried Lil Cee's in Talbot's Corner, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/07/2017

A Sandwiches chowhound from Nashville, TN tried Greek Cafe Grill in Green Hills.

Meat-and-Three Californian Home Cooking

Asian in Bellmont Hillsboro

Beckers Bakery of Donelson

Bakeries in Merry Oaks

Wendell Smith's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Wendell Smith's Restaurant is located near the cities of Davidson County.
People found this by searching for: Wendell Smith Restaurant, Wendell Smith's Restaurant Nashville, Wendell'S Restaurant Nashville, Wendell Smith Menu, Wendell Smith's Restaurant, Wendell Smith Restaurant Menu, and Wendell's Nashville.