13 South Monroe Ave.
Arcadia, FL 34266

Wheeler's Cafe

Cuisine: American, Southern, Cafe

Wheeler's Cafe is a American, Southern, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great menu. Fried okra. Blue plates special. Good price "
"I ate here almost daily when I was in High School. I was glad to see that they are still open. It was 40 years ago when I ate there on a regular basis. I will stop by - intentionally one day when I am traveling through. Great hamburgers and fries, with"
"All around great experience"
"Burgers are awesome along with there fries and fried okra."
"Price and unique charm."
Cons
"It was crowded at lunch, we were in a bit of a rush to get back to class - NOT! Everyone knows everyone, when you walk in, it's HOME - seriously a great place with many good memories for me. "
"Slow service and so-so food quality."
Comments
"Eat here, and Arcadia's downtown's antique shops. You never know what you might find. "
  • 3/15/2019

An American food lover from Marco Island, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great menu. Fried okra. Blue plates special. Good price
  • 8/18/2017

An American chowhound from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
  • 6/05/2017

An American food lover from FL tried it.

• 4/14/2017

An American food lover from North Fort Myers, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/19/2017

A dining patron from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/29/2017

An American food lover from Winter Haven, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    All around great experience
    Cons
    None
  • 12/01/2016

A diner from Fort Myers, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/30/2016

A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 7/14/2016

A dining patron from Miami, FL tried it.

• 2/20/2016

A diner from Punta Gorda, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

This is a "Goody"

We have “snowbird” friends that like to stay down around Arcadia – a bit further south from us – in an RV park there. They have a “favorite eating spot” right there in the small town. Been after us for a bit to “come on down” and try it – about a 50 mile trip each way! but what are friends for!! This one is an Arcadia “tradition” – been there for years – casual, homey, can get a little crowded and noisy when all the tables full – Everyone real nice and good service. The food was good. We made it for lunch, drive too far for breakfast and too far back late at night for supper!

1/2 lb Wheeler Burger w/1 side

This was very tasty – cooked medium, not greasy, not overcooked – good French Fries with mine -

Club - Ham, Cheese, Bacon

Husband enjoyed this for change, came with chips but he ordered a side separate.

Onion Rings

Husband saw pile of these on another plate, and had to try – said great, not greasy.

Catfish on Hoagie and 1 side

The others both had this – said it was “crunchy good” with Fries and Fried Okra sides they shared.

FRANCOISVATEL photo

FRANCOISVATEL

Staten Island, NY

AS GOOD AS MOM,S HOME COOKING

i am 75, this restaurant takes me back to when a restaurant was a restaurant, good plentiful food. the fried chicken find me better and i will pay you. throw on the corn bread and black eyed PEAS, and i am a country boy again. and fresh like your mother made. now the PIES, do not go unless you are going to have a large slice of one. on this your mom could not have done better. the place is over 80 years old, and is in an unique old town in the USA. you will feel so refreshed after your meal, and walk around with a big smile

FRIED CHICKED

American Southern Cafe

Wheeler's Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Wheeler's Cafe Arcadia, Wheelers Arcadia Fl, Wheelers Menu Arcadia Fl, Map Arcadia Fl, Wheelers Arcadia, Wheeler's Arcadia, Wheelers Restaurant Arcadia, and Wheeler's Cafe Arcadia Florida.