3420 Sansom St
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3404

White Dog Cafe

Neighborhoods: University City
Cuisine: Contemporary American, Private Parties, Late Night

White Dog Cafe is a Contemporary American, Private Parties, and Late Night restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

modoshi photo

modoshi

Philadelphia, PA

good bar to spend an afternoon

the bar at white dog cafe is cramped, but the place is golden once you’ve got a seat. order one of the many beers on tap (many local favorites) and dine on extremely well prepared bar food. I’d go far as to say that the food is almost gourmet bar food.

either way, its a nice place to be.

try their homemade chips. not shabby at all.

burger

you could tell this was homemade and not from the frozen section of costco. this is one of those burgers that you really have to squeeze hard, open wide, and pray that you can it into your mouth. if you’re lucky, the juicy goodness won’t get all over you.

Batona photo

Batona

Millville, NJ

Good Food

I came here several years ago with a large group. I had heard of the restaurant prior to coming here and was eager to dine here. I was impressed.

I had a lamb dish that was expertly prepared. As I recall, the salad I had was delicious!

This is a “trendy” type of place and I actually knew one of the waiters here. I like to try new places, so how frequently I would return I am not certain. I haven’t yet. But I would welcome the chance to do so if provided the opportunity.

Service was good. We had a dining room off the main area and we were cramped. It looked as though the rest of the restaurant was equally cozy.

November 30, 2008

White Dog Cafe

I spent New Year's Day here with some friends and it was a blast!\r We wore our PJs - it's recommended - and we were glad we did. \r There is a sing along at the piano; you can also join the occasional parade through the dining areas in…
November 24, 2008

For concious diners

All of White Dog's free range, local, organic foods are delicious! It's a small place that can get crowded at lunch and dinner times. Sitting outside is great when the weather is nice. The chicken quesadilla is my fav!
November 17, 2008

DigityDog

Best all around place to eat in West Philly. Great food, utilizing lots of local ingredients. Bar is comfortable also. Favorite to take visiting parents and friends

Contemporary American Private Parties Outdoor seating
Tips
  • The restaurant uses an eco-friendly state-of-the-art filtration system on its water and, hence bottles it in-house, in both still and fizzy forms.
  • A late-night happy hour runs every Monday through Saturday from 9pm until midnight.
  • The extensive array of eco-friendly workshops and events has been curtailed, but only slightly: there are still special dinners and live musical performances held regularly.
  • Although the dining room closes between lunch/brunch and dinner, and no later than 10 at night, the bar serves a grill menu beginning at 2:30pm and continuing until midnight (10pm on Sundays).

White Dog Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

White Dog Cafe is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, and William Penn Annex East.
People found this by searching for: White Dog Cafe Menu, White Dog Restaurant,Philadelphia, Pa, White Dog Cafe, University City Restaurants White Dog Cafe, White Dog Cafe Recommended Dish, Restaurants Around Unniversity Of Pennsylvania White Dog Cafe Menu, and White Dog Cafe Philadelphia.