4990 Route 42
Turnersville, NJ 08012-1761

Whitman Diner

Cuisine: Breakfast, Catering, Lunch

Whitman Diner is a Breakfast, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great diner, with a great breakfast and lunch menu. Very good"
"Really good Elizabeth salad with perfectly cooked shrimp and scallops. Clean, comfortable atmosphere. Good server."
Cons
"very crowded"
  • 11/08/2019

A Breakfast chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/16/2018

A Breakfast food lover from Philadelphia, PA tried it.

• 2/04/2017

A dining patron from Sicklerville, NJ tried it.

• 5/29/2016

A dining patron from Sewell, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/27/2014

A Breakfast food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great diner, with a great breakfast and lunch menu. Very good
    Cons
    very crowded
  • 6/16/2014

A Breakfast food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/29/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it and liked it.

• 7/25/2013

A Breakfast food lover from Sicklerville, NJ tried it.

hdking942 photo

hdking942

Blackwood, NJ

disaster breakfast

My son took me to the Whitman Diner for breakfast.When we were seated the waitress took our order. We ordered the "eye opener " and we asked her if it came with it and she said she thinks it did so we ordered the the coffee and juice. The breakfast comes with 2 pcs. bacon and 1 sausage so I asked her if i coukld get 2 sausage and 1 bacon and she said okay.Not knowing this ,she went to the hostess to ask her if it came with drinks and she asked about the sausage switch. She was told to add juice ,coffee and a side of sausage to our bill.
She brought us everything we ordered without telling us that there was gonna be an extra charge for the drinks and the switch. We would have never ordered this if we had known all this was gonna be added.
Now you can imagine my surprise when we received the check and it was $27.00 instead of the $16.00 and something we thought it would be.
We told the hostess on the way out about this and she replied that the waitress had come to her and asked her about it and that we should be charged for the drinks.
Now why in the world didn’t the waitress come back to us and inform us of this? And the hostess just said sorry you have to pay the check as is. After a little auguement she did take off for the coffee but I told her i was still not happy with this situation and that maybe this is what they do to get extra bucks out of patrons.
I have been patronizing this establishment for over 18 years and go out of our way to go there beings the Meadows Diner is only 4 blocks from my home.
Now I will never again return to this Diner. And I quess it was worth the extra $10.00 they charged to lose my business forever.
Oh well ,it is what it is.
JUST BE AWARE OF THERE SCAM ! And Happy B-day to me ,HUH ?

nikkiruru photo

nikkiruru

Turnersville, NJ

Disgusting Take-Out

The diner’s new look is great. The menu sounded very promising. I got apptizers once, and they werte ok, but the buffalo chicken wontons were pretty good. I ordered take-out one night with my family and got them again…. completely different menu item. They were literally dripping with grease. I broke one in half, and the oil poured down my hand. The inside was different, too. I couldn’t even eat them. The crabcake sandwich was disgusting, and not what the menu described. 4 meals and 2 appetizers were ordered, and almost everything went into the trashcan. I will NEVER eat there again. I would not reccomend this to anyone. The food was inedible. I give it one star because this site makes you give at least one…. but it should be none.

QQQQ4444 photo

QQQQ4444

Sewell, NJ

I guess I got lucky

I see the negative reviews, but I guess I lucked out.

We had a very nice dinner at the Whitman, and the waitress was very good.

The soup was homemade and not over-salted.
The eggplant parm actually had more eggplant than spagetti, which is usually the opposite in most restaurants.

I would go there again.

UNLUCKY7 photo

UNLUCKY7

Berlin, NJ

POOR FOOD AND SERVICE

The WORST breakfast I’ve EVER had! How do you screw up breakfast ? The Whitman Diner does a good job at screwing up breakfast. I would never recommend that diner, not even to my worst enemy.

EGGS

Eggs NOT COOKED as ordered and potatoes dry enough to choak on.

marlynn photo

marlynn

Turnersville, NJ

great latenight snacks

lounge is great nice – servers and bartenders are nice – food was really good! they were very generous – sponsored our fundraiser and we had people go there after – too bad there weren’t more – it was really nice!!!
great breakfast too.

DINERCRITIC1 photo

DINERCRITIC1

Blackwood, NJ

You Just Never Know!!!

You just never know about this, diner. Sometimes it is great, sometimes, it s horrible. I agree with the previous, comment, that I think they trick you into spending more, money. It is quite expensive, compared to some of the other diners, in the area. I prefer Philly Diner, myself. By far, I feel they are the best around.

Whitman Diner, is always, clean, however and most of the food is good. The manager can be loud at times, if he isn’t happy with something or someone. lol Other than that, he is very quiet. Hostesses are usually very friendly as are most of the wait help. They need to have more specials and an early morning breakfast special menue. Prices are way too, high with little perks. Nothing I have ever tasted there, stands out, to me. I do wish three things, for all diners, that there were more choices for diabetics and if they put gravy on something, that it is the same flavor as the meat. i.e.- turkey gravy on turkey and not that yellow funky, stuff. lol The third idea, please have salad bars with lots of fresh choices, including cheese, cottage cheese, peaches, etc. Make it nice and most important, FRESH! Enough with the Elvis memobilia and give us something to take home in our belly, that we paid for! Thank you.

Breakfast Parking Catering
mmh

Williamstown, NJ
0 useful

Whitman Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Whitman Diner is located near the cities of Gloucester Twp, Grenloch, Gloucester Township, Blackwood, and Gloucester County.
People found this by searching for: Whitman Diner Nj, Whitman Diner Turnersville Nj, The Whitman Diner, The Whitman Diner Menu, Whitman Diner, The Whitman Diner Turnersville Nj, Whitmandiner, Menu Whitman Diner Nj, and What To Eat At Whitman Diner Turnersville Nj.