634 CAMP HORNE RD
Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Willow

Cuisine: Contemporary American, Cafe, Catering

Willow is a Contemporary American, Cafe, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 4/18/2016

A Contemporary American food lover from Erie, PA tried it.

• 12/18/2013

A dining patron from Farmington, MI tried it.

ffresh photo

ffresh

Pittsburgh, PA

Willow Voted by Pittsburgh Magazine's 2005...

Willow

Voted by Pittsburgh Magazine’s 2005 Readers’ Poll as one of the Best New Restaurants and by Pittsburgh Post Gazette as one of 2004’s Best Dining Hot New Spots, yet we only just found it. We’re just going to have to eat out more!

We went for a special evening – my wife’s birthday – and what a special evening it was. This was our first visit to Willow but it will most certainly not be our last. Upon our arrival, we were impressed by the semi-rural, seemingly relaxed, atmosphere of the surroundings, as we were greeted by the valet parkers. Once within the restaurant, we were pleasantly welcomed by a bevy of exuberant young ladies at the greeter’s podium, making for a very favorable first impression. The ambiance has an elegant, yet intimate charm, even though the exterior dimensions of the building proved it to be quite large. After verifying our reservations, we were promptly ushered to our seats, and were met, almost immediately, by our male server who, it turned out, could not have been better. Pleasantry, humor, courtesy and a professional, though not overly-familiar demeanor, gave him high marks on our scorecard!

The wine
The wine that I ordered, a reasonably-priced Concha y Toro pinot, was in extremely short supply – in fact, they were out. The waiter explained that the choice had become difficult to procure and suggested a substitute (actually suggested by the chef), which had not, as of yet, made it to the wine list. It was supplied for the same price as our selection and proved to be a wonderful recommendation. All in our group enjoyed this wine so much that the waiter was summarily dispatched for another bottle, once again, graciously supplied for the same price.

The food
Dipping Oil poured over spices and grated cheeses served with delicious crusty bread – as my 2 year old Granddaughter, Ivy would say … YUM!

Entrée 1
The home made pasta was very light and delicate and the sauce had just the right amount of tang, courtesy of the banana peppers addition. The sea scallops were large and tender with a buttery taste that melted in your mouth, complemented by the scrumptious tiger shrimp, which were cooked to perfection. The dish was beautifully presented and garnished with three asparagus spears for color, as well as taste.

Entrée 2
Veal Saltimbocca
“tender veal cutlet sauteed with proscuitto, sage, parmigiano-reggiano with marinated tomatoes and basil, gnocchi beurre noisette”
The menu describes it well, but the taste was out of this world. My wife ordered this entrée. She has been preparing delicious veal dishes for many years, yet was “blown away” by this combination – her two favorites, veal & gnocchi, prepared exquisitely and a delight to the palate. The veal was tender and the gnocchis were light as a feather.

Entrée 3
Andalusia Gazpacho soup
“a refreshingly chilled vegetable soup, pureed and topped with organic chives and crème fraiche”
– chilled soups are always refreshing on a summer evening; and perfectly seasoned = delicious!

I dined on a Trio seafood appetizer offered as an entree , which included Tiger shrimp, sea scallops and crab cakes. All were a delight to the palate – I couldn’t have been more pleased.

My wife and I split a dessert offering of Crème brulée with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream, one of our favorites. Our choice did not disappoint; it was a perfect ending for a special evening … or, was it the black coffee and sambuca. Oh well, at any rate, the Willow proved to be a splendid choice for a very special evening. We are anxious to revisit.

condimentqueen photo

condimentqueen

Pittsburgh, PA

Happy Hour at Willow

I love this place. I have been here many times for dinner but last week decided to try happy hour at the bar. The atmostphere at Willow is wonderful. As you enter the establishment you come to the well appointed bar and just behind the bar is a cozy lounge area complete with comfy couches and a fireplace. These are the two areas which host the 5-7 happy hour specials. They have a happy our menu full of sandwiches and appetizers all reasonably priced. The house wines and beers are discounted as well as a selection of $6 martini’s.

rueben

I had rueben sandwich which was very good. It was a typical rueben but the kraut was very tasty. I would recommend this.

Hambuger

I tasted the bar-b-qued burger and it was great. Loaded with bacon and a tangy bar-b-que sauce. Another thimbs up.

missymouth photo

missymouth

Gibsonia, PA

Amazing Evening for group of 20

We did a couples night out, and were a party of 20, Willow made it a night to remember. The service was excellent, food was sublime, the atmosphere was amazing. The small group around me had the Tenderloin Alfredo, Veal Saltimbocca, Crab Cakes, Ahi Tuna Pistachio, and not on the menu but always available, Willows Surf and Turf (filet and crab cake combo). There were also Chop, Cesar, and Willow Green salads all around. I have to tell you there was not a dirty dish left on the table and the portions were not small – you had a group of 20 clean plate clubers. We are a group of 40 to 50 somethings so for the plates to that empty the food had to be amazing.

Ahi Tuna Pistachio

A Pan-Asian offering of grilled sushi-grade Ahi tuna
encrusted with pistachios in a hoisin-wasabi garlic glaze on a bed of baby bok choy chef recommends serving it rare – which is the only way to eat it. Absolutely excellent and I have tried every ahi tuna dish in the Pittsburgh area, definitely the best.

iPhone dining journal

Average food, decor was nice

Average food, decor was nice

LKP photo

LKP

Uniontown, PA

Excellence!

Our son and daughter-in-law held their wedding reception at Willow, and it was fantastic. The appetizers were unlike anything I have ever tasted…….amazing! The food was great, the drinks were superb. I have to mention a special person …. Her name is Lindsey. She coordinated everything and was the most efficient person. She also took care of displaying the “Pittsburgh Cookie Table” and it was beautifully done. Her work is unmatched. She was responsible for much of this perfect evening. Thank-you Lindsey! And thanks to the chef, the servers and the bartenders! I rate Willow a 10 out of 10!

Contemporary American Cafe Dinner
Sun 04:00PM - 09:00PM (Dinner)
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM (Lunch and Dinner)
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM (Lunch and Dinner)
Milano's

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Willow  Restaurant Reviews

Willow is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Willow Camp Horne Road, Willow Pgh, The Willow Camp Horne Road, Willow Pittsburgh, Willow Camp Horn Road, Willow Restaurant Mt Nebo, Willow Restaurant Camp Horne Road, Willow Pittsburgh Review, and Willow Restaurant Pittsburgh.