800 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1820

Wurstkuche

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Sausage, Belgian, German

Wurstkuche is a Sausage, Belgian, and German restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Pros
"Belgian Fries were amazing, variety of sausages and plenty of mustard."
Cons
"Loud music, confusing room layout and tables are a bit dirty. They're covered in butcher paper."
Comments
"Kind of hard to find but once you find the place, you'll remember it forever."
  • 2/26/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 7/30/2013

A Sausage chowhound from Moreno Valley, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Belgian Fries were amazing, variety of sausages and plenty of mustard.
    Cons
    Comments
    Kind of hard to find but once you find the place, you'll remember it forever.
QB
ThirstyPig photo

ThirstyPig

What kind of meat is that????

Wurstküche, located near little Tokyo, recently opened in the past year. They fill the void, here in Los Angeles, of a needed german influenced Sausage & Beer house. I could be wrong . . . but that’s what I feel. With the back room of wood benches and flowing beers, on tap, Wurstkuche almost has the feel of a Beer Hall.

In this unassuming building in the re-zoned industrial area of Los Angeles, Wurstküche dreams up some crazy sausages with exotic meats. Buffalo, Alligator, Duck, and Rattlesnake names jump at you from their menu, but appear to be normal menu items. One thing I liked is the different type of mouthwatering mustards available. I don’t usually like mustard, but it goes really well on sausage. I personally liked the Whole Grain and Dijon. Along with the different mustards, they also feature multiple dipping sauces for their great fries. These fries are also really good as well. Not sure what else to say about them, they’re just yummy. In addition, they also have a great selection of beers – Belgium and German Beers, on tap, too!

I had the Duck & Bacon with Jalapeño Pepper sausage which was good. I remember it being better with the mustard than without, but I guess that’s personally preference. My friend had the Kielbasa sausage, which was actually a bit better than mine. Like I said before, the fries were great – with the sauces. They also had a nice selection of bottle sodas.

Anyways. . . They are planning to open later than their midnight closing for the late night apres clubbing crowd. They have lots of street parking and is conveniently located in Downtown Los Angeles.

belgian fries

Must order when you get your hot dogs.

mauicutie photo

mauicutie

Interesting

For the first time being there it had a good first impression.
Right when I enter a man gave me a menu and welcome us in (my sis and I) then we did noticed the “exotics” it was interesting. I got the large fries and the pesto mayo $6 and my sis got the crocodile and pork sausage $8. It was good it had a thick casting but it was soft when you bite into it. It had spices that were good because even though it had spices it wasn’t spicy. The fries was good and the simple pesto mayo. I did enjoy the strawberry flavor beer…it wasn’t too sweet or too bitter just like fresh strawberries.

Crocodile&Pork Sausage

Strawberry Beer

if you’re not a heavy drinker or you want something light and refreshing get this… its really good I had a few and it was delicious.

Tekla75 photo

Tekla75

Pico Rivera, CA

The Fries are good

I loved their fries and I will probably go back just for the fries alone. The hot dog was okay, not better than a costco dog. But atleast you get to tell people you ate a cool animal like an alligator or snake. They only have fancy sodas which is kinda annoying and the seating is awkward. You have to either fight for a solo table or share a picnic-type table with strangers. The line to order was way too long. It reminded me of the soup nazi from Seinfield; they need either more cashiers or a better system. Its not bad a place but the food is not worth dealing with the crowd.

Rattlesnake & Rabbit with Jalapeño Peppers

It taste like a regular hot dog but w a fancier bun.

ca_ccarr photo

ca_ccarr

Northridge, CA

Large selection of sausages, belgian fries and beer. Yum

This is a great place with so many selections you want to try more than one—which is exactly what we did when I took a large group there. They were very accomodating and certainly had tables large enough. They have regular sausages from polish, italian, bratwurst to exotics with alligator, duck, mango, rabbit, rattlesnake. Prices run about $6-$8 for the sausages. They also have fries in 2 different sizes with many different sauces. Depending on the size of fries you order you can get 1 or 2 dipping sauces. Homemade ketchups, bleu cheese with bacon and walnut (my favorite), different aiolis. Beer selection? Many foreign and domestic with knowledgeable bartenders who’ll let you taste until you find what you want. Just a fun place

saikoxpooh photo

saikoxpooh

La Crescenta, CA

Best Sausage Ever

I am the sausage queen. Laugh all you want but if you ask any of my friends, they will tell you that I am the sausage queen. It all started one spring break when I took two of my friends and we went to Germany. All I had every day for lunch was a sausage from one of the sausage stands that littered the city of Hamburg. Currywurst was my favorite and I knew I couldn’t get this once I was back in the US of A so I decided to load up on this great concoction.

FFWD to today. I am still looking for my curry wurst but for the other stuff,I can go to Wurstkuche. Everything I’ve had here was amazing, even the weird reptilian ones! Last night I had the duck bacon and before that I can vouch for the hot links and the red pepper and corn. I can’t wait to try everything on their menu. I had a bite of the alligator, which was… interesting.

but the best thing here is the Belgian fries with truffle oil. trust me and get this. even if you eat two sausages, get a small truffle fries. omg it’s so good.

everything goes down well with some Belgian beer. sausage, truffle fries, and beer. can life get any better?

duck bacon with jalapeno peppers

fatty and delish because the spice cuts down on the fattyness. juicy and flavorful

belgian fries

small one is 3.50 and big one is 5.5. i always get it with truffle oil and the bleu cheese walnut and bacon dipping sauce. the bigger one you get 2 dipping sauce.

Sausage Good for groups Takeout
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 11:30PM (Restaurant Hours (kitchen til 12am bar til 2am))

Wurstkuche  Restaurant Reviews

Wurstkuche is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: German Sausages In Los Angeles, Korean Bbq Wurstkuche, Wurstkuche Restaurant, Worskuche, Wurstkuche Los Angeles, Wurstkuche Menu, Wurstkuche Little Tokyo, Wurst Kuche Tap Beer Menu, and Wurstkuche.