185 Castro St
Mountain View, CA 94041-1201

Xanh Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Old Mountain View
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Fusion, French

Xanh Restaurant is a Vietnamese, Fusion, and French restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

meythodrider photo

meythodrider

San Francisco, CA

Trendy Vietnamese food with a modern flair

My fiance and I have walked past this restaurant a few times but always passed it by because we thought it would be an overpriced bowl of pho in a trendy square bowl with pretencious servers. We finally decided to try it today and we were wrong.

The dishes we had definetly had a Vietnamese influence and our plates were square. But the interesting mix of ingredients left a very satisfying and wonderful taste in our mouths.

The prices were also very reasonable. My fiance and I agreed that if this restaurant was located in San Francisco, the food would have been at least 50% more.

Ahi Tuna Roll

Fresh and delightful. The dipping sauce tastes of sweet limes with a hint of fish sauce

Grapefruit Salad

Served in a grapefruit bowl, the sliced green apples, grapefruit, cucumber, cilantro, shrimp, and other ingredients made this a refreshing and healthy salad.

Ca Thanh Long

Rice noodles, lightly spicy peanut sauce, cucumbers, cilantro, and charred catfish make up this dish. All I can is…. incredible!

westbaybanjo photo

westbaybanjo

Not a Fan

Xanh recently opened up on Castro Street in the downtown Mountain View area. The prices of the dishes definitely reflect the upscale look of the restaurant from the outside.

The food was decent, however, the service was lacking. One of the waiters/busboy almost dropped everyone of our dishes as he was clearing them. He also tried to light one of our candles. After about 30 seconds of trying, he threw the unlit candle back down on our table in frustration.
We had also ordered soup, which you would assume is the first dish that gets brought out. We were wrong as it was the last dish that we tasted.

The atmosphere was trendy, however the music was being blasted in the background so the conversation around the table was a little difficult to have.

Crab And Asparagus Soup

Served last (probably forgot about the order). Tasty but may have been better if served first.

Mellow Yellow Noodles

nothing special

Crispy Shrimp Clouds

Tasty house specialty

tommers photo

tommers

My favorite restaurant in Mountain View

I’ve always had very good experiences at Xahn and despite their high prices, the food is always beautiful and tasty and the service charming.

The shrimp clouds were very tasty and quite different than I expected with a soft fluffy dough as the base. The Xanh Kobe salad was great. It was surprisingly large salad to be eaten with ones hands with ample beef on two large beds of some sort of rice cake. The noodle spring rolls didn’t add much to the meal and the long noodles didn’t compel me to finish them, but the eggplant was very tasty. The pineapple short ribs were really tasty, and the asparagus soup was oily, but also very enjoyable.

Xanh provided a very refreshing twist on the hazelnut torte and left me glad to get dessert despite feeling very full.

On one visit with six items, I had expected a larger bill, but it ended up adding up to $60. Much less than a comparable (but probably slightly tastier) meal at Tamarine.

Crispy Shrimp Clouds

Xanh Salad

The Xanh Kobe salad was great. It was surprisingly large salad to be eaten with ones hands with ample beef on two large beds of some sort of rice cake. The beef and veggies were both quality.

Pineapple Shortribs

The pineapple short ribs were really tasty. They had a very appealing BBQ sauce and tender meat that was crispy around the edges.

Seared Tofu

How do I describe why this tofu side deserves 5 stars? The slightly fried tofu itself is very enjoyable, but the slightly sweet tomato broth is amazing. You’ll want to get every last morsel of it. The stewed tomatoes are also very tasty.

This is my favorite restaurant in Mountain...

This is my favorite restaurant in Mountain View. Service is a little slow and it is a little loud, but the food is excellent; well prepared, very innovative and tasty, a good but not overwhelming selection, and reasonable prices. Favorite dishes: Buddha roll, grapefruit salad, sweet and sour soup.

Vietnamese Fusion Online Ordering

Auetdqhwmr24m2abblkses
shaomai

San Jose, CA

Xanh Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Xanh Restaurant is located near the cities of Mt View, Los Altos, Loyola Corners, Mountain, and Sunnyvale.
People found this by searching for: Xanh Restaurant Menu, Xanh Restaurant In Mountain View, Xahn Menu, Xanh Menu, Xanh Mountain View, Xanh Yelp, Xanh Castro, Xanh Castro Mountain View Menu, and Xahn Restaurant.