8005 Se Stark St
Portland, OR 97215

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Montavilla
Cuisine: Lebanese, Catering, Lunch

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine is a Lebanese, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 1/21/2015

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

lafcadiyoda photo

lafcadiyoda

Portland, OR

Went here with a big group of people and we all shared fo...

Went here with a big group of people and we all shared food. Half the food I didn’t care for at all, and the other half I couldn’t get enough of, but I think that’s just my personal tastes, because other people loved the stuff I didn’t.

Kris503 photo

Kris503

Portland, OR

Consistently good food and friendly service

I’ve eaten here often. Usually I get the lentil soup and Greek salad, but this December night I was cold and wanted heartier food. So I chose a bowl of lentil soup and the falafel.

My friend Susan and I arrived about 6:15 PM ish on a Tuesday, and I was relieved to see that there were open tables available. So we were seated right away. By the time we left at 7:00 pm, the popular restaurant was crowded. Take this into account when planning what time you’d like to eat here. Also be prepared to park on side streets and walk a block or two.

We were in a bit of rush to make the 7:15 show at the Academy Theater across the street (two tickets for the price of one on Tuesdays; it’s a great follow up to a Ya Hala meal), and the server was as good as her word. She brought us our bills shortly after we were served, so that there was no anxious waiting to pay and get to the movie on time. I’ve eaten at Ya Hala several times and the wait staff has always been personable, friendly and helpful.

Falafel

Five fresh balls of falafel and a small bowl of tangy tahini sauce. Hot, tasty and filing on a cold winter evening.

Lentil soup

A healthy serving of hot soup, served with Lebanese bread (okay, aphasia has kicked in and I can’t recall the proper name of the bread).

LobeliaToadfoot photo

LobeliaToadfoot

Hurray for Ya Hala

Beautiful decor (especially the murals), very considerate staff, and excellent meal.

Falafel

This was a generous portion of falafel with a bowl of hummus for dipping and a bit of greens and tomatoes. The falafel was hot—great for a cold winter night—and green inside.

11/22/2020

A dining patron from Walla Walla, WA tried Yankee Pot Roast in Northwest - Northwest Industrial, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/22/2020

A dining patron from Sherwood, OR tried The Vat and Tonsure in Downtown.

11/19/2020

A dining patron from Hood River, OR tried Pazzoria Bakery & Cafe in Downtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/16/2020

An American chowhound from Portland, OR tried Yankee Pot Roast in Northwest - Northwest Industrial.

11/15/2020

An American chowhound from Portland, OR tried Roscoe's in Montavilla, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
So non pretentious, unlike most PDX restaurants
Cons
Service not very attentive, but that’s to be expected with the “dive bar” rep.
11/13/2020

A Japanese chowhound from Portland, OR tried Ichiban Japanese Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill.

11/08/2020

A dining patron from Portland, OR tried Plum Tree Restaurant in Gresham - North Gresham.

10/29/2020

A dining patron from Portland, OR tried Piccolo Mondo in Corbet - Terwilliger - Lair Hill and liked it.

10/25/2020

A Japanese food lover from US tried Bonnie Burger in Northwest District.

10/24/2020

A Sandwiches chowhound from US tried Philadelphia's Steaks and Hoagies in Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League.

Lebanese Outdoor seating Parking

0 useful

City Thai

Thai in Hillsdale

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Ya Halla Restaurant Portland, Lebanese Menu, Mediterranean Food 97215, Ya Halla Montavilla, Ya Hala Lebanese Restaurant In Portland Or., Ya Halla Restaurant, Ya Hala Portland, and Lebanese Restaurant Montavilla Menu.