8005 Se Stark St
Portland, OR 97215

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Montavilla
Cuisine: Lebanese, Catering, Lunch

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine is a Lebanese, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 1/21/2015

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

lafcadiyoda photo

lafcadiyoda

Portland, OR

Went here with a big group of people and we all shared fo...

Went here with a big group of people and we all shared food. Half the food I didn’t care for at all, and the other half I couldn’t get enough of, but I think that’s just my personal tastes, because other people loved the stuff I didn’t.

Kris503 photo

Kris503

Portland, OR

Consistently good food and friendly service

I’ve eaten here often. Usually I get the lentil soup and Greek salad, but this December night I was cold and wanted heartier food. So I chose a bowl of lentil soup and the falafel.

My friend Susan and I arrived about 6:15 PM ish on a Tuesday, and I was relieved to see that there were open tables available. So we were seated right away. By the time we left at 7:00 pm, the popular restaurant was crowded. Take this into account when planning what time you’d like to eat here. Also be prepared to park on side streets and walk a block or two.

We were in a bit of rush to make the 7:15 show at the Academy Theater across the street (two tickets for the price of one on Tuesdays; it’s a great follow up to a Ya Hala meal), and the server was as good as her word. She brought us our bills shortly after we were served, so that there was no anxious waiting to pay and get to the movie on time. I’ve eaten at Ya Hala several times and the wait staff has always been personable, friendly and helpful.

Falafel

Five fresh balls of falafel and a small bowl of tangy tahini sauce. Hot, tasty and filing on a cold winter evening.

Lentil soup

A healthy serving of hot soup, served with Lebanese bread (okay, aphasia has kicked in and I can’t recall the proper name of the bread).

LobeliaToadfoot photo

LobeliaToadfoot

Hurray for Ya Hala

Beautiful decor (especially the murals), very considerate staff, and excellent meal.

Falafel

This was a generous portion of falafel with a bowl of hummus for dipping and a bit of greens and tomatoes. The falafel was hot—great for a cold winter night—and green inside.

1/25/2020

An American food lover from Vancouver, WA tried Hidden Bay Cafe in Hayden Island and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/23/2020

An American chowhound from Fall City, WA tried T.G.I. Friday's (CLOSED) in Metzger.

1/11/2020

A diner from US tried Your Inn Tavern in Cathedral Park, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/10/2020

A Sushi food lover from Portland, OR tried Saburo's Sushi House in Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
good food, plenty portions
Cons
hard to get in
Comments
Go early
1/07/2020

A Mediterranean chowhound from Northampton, MA tried Shiraz Restaurant in Metzger.

1/04/2020

A Deli chowhound from Portland, OR tried Subway in Foster - Powell, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

1/03/2020

An American chowhound from Portland, OR tried Yankee Pot Roast in Northwest - Northwest Industrial.

1/03/2020

An American food lover from Portland, OR tried Besaw's in Northwest District.

12/25/2019

A diner from Portland, OR tried Starbucks Coffee in Northwest Heights.

12/20/2019

A Chinese chowhound from Silverton, OR tried The Chiam Restaurant in Cedar Hills - Cedar Mill, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Classic chinese american comfort food. I can take a family of four here and be sure no one leaves hungry, unhappy, or broke.
Lebanese Outdoor seating Parking

0 useful

City Thai

Thai in Hillsdale

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Ya Halla Restaurant Portland, Ya Halla Restaurant, Ya Hala Portland, Mediterranean Food 97215, Lebanese Restaurant Montavilla Menu, Ya Halla Montavilla, Lebanese Menu, and Ya Hala Lebanese Restaurant In Portland Or..