2985 College Ave
Berkeley, CA 94705-2215

Yak and Yeti Kitchen

Neighborhoods: Elmwood
Cuisine: American, Nepalese

Yak and Yeti Kitchen is a American and Nepalese restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

fattiusthebear photo

fattiusthebear

Berkeley, CA

no yeti here

To tell you the truth, I mainly came here because the name was amusing. Also because the restaurant serves Nepalese food, which I have little experience with. The menu had a variety of foods, such as dumplings, curry, fried rice, and variations of Asian foods.

Instead of bread, they gave us some sort of soup thing. All I can say is that it was strange. I ordered one of their “Yak and Yet Specials” (I don’t remember the dish name; it was weird), which you get a choice of a cheese or mushroom curry, and is mixed with lamb. I chose the cheese curry, but they gave me some of the cheese and mushroom. The lamb turned out to be tender, but I wish it had more taste. The cheese curry was good, but didn’t have that nice medley of spices that I hoped for. The mushroom curry they gave had some well cooked vegetables inside, and turned out nicely. Both the curries had their qualities and went well with the white rice they served. I just didn’t feel the dishes were very outstanding to me.

If I learned anything, it is that Nepalese food seems like an Indian/Chinese hybrid. They like spices, but some of the dishes they cook resemble and taste more like Chinese food. The restaurant itself is clean and good for a nice meal, and there is not a lot of customers, so there is no wait, and the food is probably freshly cooked. That’s always a good thing.

American Nepalese Parking

Yak and Yeti Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

Yak and Yeti Kitchen is located near the cities of Columbus, Regina, Albany, Rockridge, and Kensington.
People found this by searching for: Kitchen Of Yak & Yeti, Yak And Yeti Kitchen, Yak & Yeti Kitchen, 2985 College Ave Berkeley, 2985 College Ave, Yak And Yeti College Ave Ca, and Restaurante Yak Y Yeti Kitchen.