14500 W Colfax Ave
Lakewood, CO 80401-3257

Yard House

Neighborhoods: Applewood
Cuisine: Vegetarian, American, Soups

Yard House is a Vegetarian, American, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 7/30/2014

A Vegetarian food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

ovolacto photo

ovolacto

Arvada, CO

Great place for happy hour

One nice aspect about this place is that it can get expensive during regular hours, even though there are a few “thrifty” choices on the menu. But, during happy hour, they not only offer up drink specials, they put a good selection of their appetizer menu at half price as well. That brings things down into the more affordable range, and it’s good food.

I was particularly impressed with the vegetarian menu featuring a lot of meat-based dishes with “gardein” meat substitute used instead of meat. You can get wings made with gardein, sliders made with garden, and even full-size burger made with gardein. In fact, if they don’t have what you want made with gardein, you can substitute a gardein patty on any of the burgers on the menu. If you have not tried gardein, it is, in my opinion, one of the best “vegan” meat substitutes I have tried. I call it vegan judging by the ingredients listed on the menu, which are all plant-based. It’s incredible stuff.

For others of different tastes, Yard House also has soups, salads, steaks, and seafood. The menu is very expansive, and inclusive. This is a good “bar and grill” type restaurant to take a group of people with varied diets – they even cater to the gluten sensitive.

Hey, I’m not a rich man, and I would probably avoid this place during regular hours, but I do love those happy hour markdowns! My only concern with this restaurant’s food is that, if you have a vegan burger, they may use the same grill to fry yours as they use to fry the animal products without some cleaning beforehand. We did not try that, so I suggest you ask your waiter about their policy before making this menu choice.

ONION RING TOWER

This is a pretty good deal at $8.45 on the regular menu, but even better at half price on the happy hour menu. There are plenty of rings for two, and maybe even three, and they are very tasty. They reminded me a lot of the Burger King onion rings I used to eat as a kid. They were either very tender, or chunked and formed, but the coating was perfect, and they rings, themselves, were cooked to perfection. Not a low-fat treat, but I loved them anyway. OH, by the way, ours may have tasted better because we got them at half price at happy hour!

"vegan" wings, made with "gardein"

Hey, there weren’t a lot of these for $10.35, but it did seem like the normal amount served as an appetizer, and, since we were there at happy hour, we got them for half price. I did not count, but we are estimating that there were approximately 16 to 18, “bite-size” cubes of gardein, breaded and fried just like regular wings.

Now, I do no know if they use separate oil to fry their vegan and vegetarian options, or if they use the same oil that they use for the meat-based wings. If this is a big concern of yours, I would ask the waiter to confirm. I’m not even going to venture to guess, since it completely escaped me to ask. Too often, I just assume that people can differentiate between plant-based, and meat-based, but the concept isn’t that easy for people to grasp, especially for traditional meat eaters.

All of that aside, gardein is the best meat-substitute I have ever tried. To me, it is similar to Seitan, but with a slightly better flavor and texture. These wings were amazing, and, if prepared in oil only used for plant-based diets, an outstanding choice.

Non-Alchoholic Beer

I put this down because, if your designated driver decides to go with the NA beer, (I chose the St. Pauli Girl), it’s not going to come cheap. Five bucks for 12 ounces seems like a lot anywhere you go, but, as we all know, restaurants make a lot of their money off the beverages. Unless your DD just has to have the taste of beer, suggest the he or she go with the ice tea.

twuollet photo

twuollet

Hopkins, MN

Quite Good - Vegan Options Abound!

They have a whole section of food offerings that are Gardein-based (all Gardein products are vegan; of course not all entrees made with them are explicitly vegan though), making this place actually quite vegan friendly. I had the Gardein sliders, and they were quite good. Also, if you’re into beer, they have a crazy amount of beer on tap.

There was a bit of a wait to get a table, but not too long (5-10 minutes), and the place is quite large.

Gardein Sliders

Vegetarian American Beer Served
Sun-Thu 11:00AM - 12:00AM
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 01:00AM

Yard House  Restaurant Reviews

Yard House is located near the cities of Northeast Jefferson and Bear Valley.
People found this by searching for: Best Dishes At Yard House, Denver Colorado Yard House Hamburger Recipe, How To Write A Menu With Vegan Substitutes, Yard House Restaurant Denver, Yard House Lakewood Co Menu, Yard House Best Dishes, Yardhouse Veggie Wings, and What Kind Of Oil Does Yard House Use.