Yiannis Restaurant

Cuisine: Greek, Mediterranean, Pizza

Yiannis Restaurant is a Greek, Mediterranean, and Pizza restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Food is great"
jessycat_techie photo

jessycat_techie

Morganton, NC

Yianni's is Greek/Italian Americana food. They...

Yianni’s is Greek/Italian Americana food. They do pizzas and sandwiches and salads and a variety of meats.

Why Yianni's?

Yianni’s ….WhYYianni’s???

I worked at Yiannis from Jan. to May (2016). So little has improved there it is disgraceful! They’re walk in was never mopped when I started and barely anything has changed in that department…for that matter the salad dressings are kept on the floor easily most of the time, and in non-food safe plastic trash containers! I saw Jesse (the owners’ son) cut up fresh strawberrys on a cutting board in action about 20 pounds of cooked to rare prime rib that regularily sits out from 4PM to easily 8PM (2 hours too long) according to the health department. They pay under the table big time. They don’t pay well at all: they’ll happily give you 60 hours a week until they pay you more than minimum wage! Present day SLAVE DRIVERS! Since they’ve employed Matt (don’t know his last name) the daily specials have been better…but that’s all he would work on…that wasn’t his job from what I heard, yet no prep, no cooking anything but the specials, he didn’t help me what so ever (his partner on saute’) and somehow that’s fine. I won’t do the work of two employee’s and be supervised by my “equal” (stated by the owner…yet not followed through on….just another example really). They keep the fryers too high so they burn the outside and keep the inside raw…but according to them that’s fine…just microwave it…which most everything at Yianni’s IS. Over priced garbaged served out of a dirty walk in cooler, served at a place I have seen more people quite and/or be fired from than any prior experience. I just keep adding to this because the dynamic corruption of this corporation is that much…I’m trying to move on with my life, but seriously they ruined me for months, and they do this as much as they can: find people who are desperate and need any job at all and screw them. I worked with a person who took psych medication and was under so much stress that he had multiple spells of having multiple conversations with people who are not present (if that makes sense). SERIOUSLYLEVELS OF MESSED UP!

Shrimp Pasta Rosa

This dish should be the one for me: meat, veggies, and spice. But no, over cooked vegetables that are also cut too small, and this is one of the few dishes with any vegetables. sauce is from can, tastes basic, I’ve made it and it is basic.

spinach Pie

this dish is great when it comes out of the oven…but then they have to let it rest and become mushy. then they wrap it store it for often as much as a week (not health code okay) and become even more mushy. the microwave doesn’t help either.

CourtneyC photo

CourtneyC

Hickory, NC

Greek, Mediterranean food

The food is magnificent. They have such a wide variety. Something that I will say about Yiannis is that the ingredients in every dish that i have ever tasted are so fresh. My family and I love it so much that I am planning on having my wedding reception there. The atmosphere is great and the owner is always there seating the guests and talking with them. He’s a very nice man.

Shrimp Scampi over linguinie with a white wine sauce

Very good dish, unique taste that isnt over powering and does not take away from the taste of the shrimp. It is served with amazing garlic bread as well.

Yianni's special pizza

Hands down best pizza I have ever had. One thing about Yianni’s is that every ingredient in every dish is so fresh and that really is what makes a pizza. The pizza is amazing with the salad.

November 18, 2009

Yiannis Family Restaurant

This is a nice family restaurant that has been around for years. The owner is really very nice and takes pride in his job.The staff is well trained and nice.
January 6, 2009

Pizza and desserts!! Can't find better.

My parents love to take my daughter to Yiannis. She loves the pizza. We can't keep her to fewer than two pieces when we are there. She also loves the desserts. Don't miss out on a great meal.

Pizza

Photo by redpeyton Pizza is a food so beloved in the U.S. it seems like it’s been around forever, but there are some immediate clues that pizza as we know it today is a relatively new invention. ... read more

Downtown Greek Mediterranean

Yiannis Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/25/2016 A diner from Morganton, NC tried it.

• 11/23/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 11/03/2016 A diner from Fayetteville, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/01/2016 A diner from Morganton, NC tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 9/14/2016 A diner from Morganton, NC tried it.

• 8/20/2016 A diner from Morganton, NC tried it and didn't like it.

• 6/22/2016 A diner from Morganton, NC tried it.

• 6/21/2016 A diner from Morganton, NC tried it and liked it.

• 5/27/2016 Anthonyk2 tried it.

• 5/14/2016 A diner from Holly Springs, NC tried it.

People found this by searching for: Yiannis Restaurant, Yannis Morganton, Yanni's Morganton Nc, Yiannis Greek Restaurant Morganton Nc, Yiannis Morganton, Yanni's Greek Restaurant Morganton, Yanni's Restaurant Morganton Nc, Yiannis Morganton Nc Menu, and Yiannis Morganton Menu.