601 S Central Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90021-1050

Yxta Cocina Mexicana

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Mexican, Catering, Breakfast

Yxta Cocina Mexicana is a Mexican, Catering, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 2/21/2014

A Mexican food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

StacieNguyening photo

StacieNguyening

Pretty Legit

I’ve been wanting to try Yxta for a while now, but have been hesitant because of all the amazing hole-in-the-wall Mexican grub available to us here in DTLA! Finally found an excuse to go when a friend was visiting from NY.

To start, they have a parking lot but it is $2 for lunch (typical in Downtown.) We were here on a Friday and were one of the first ones in at noon..but the place quickly filled up with the men and women of corporate America near-by. We spotted Madeleine Stowe (or Victoria Grayson) casually dining as well. Not to worry, the place is huge and though it was filled, it still felt spacious.

Service was good. The waitresses are younger so they are not as efficient but are definitely nice. Nice always gets a slide in my book.

I usually like my Mexican food greasy and sometimes even a little burnt to ensure authenticity, so I would recommend this place for the more Mexican-American type. It is also a lot safer than the shacks/stands/carts we so often pass up, if that’s what you’re worried about. Bottom line, I will definitely re-visit Yxta again with out-of-towners but gonna stick to my family-runned Mexican shacks otherwise.

Machaca con Huevos

Okay, food. As soon as you’re seated, there is a platter of chips and a smidge of pico de gallo on the table. I had their ‘Machaca con Huevos’ which when I ordered, did not know what was going to come out when she didn’t ask me how I wanted my ‘huevos.’ Soon enough, I found out that their ‘Platillos con Huevos’ is basically a Mexican style breakfast scramble. It was delicious. I’m not a fan of non-fried tortillas so I opted to eat my scramble with the free chips they gave us. My very own make-shift nachos con machaca, I guess. Plates come with a side of rice and beans. Substitutes are allowed, but I didn’t bother. Portions are huge, so though I wanted to try a dessert, I absolutely had no room for it. My friend had machaca tacos, so we basically ordered the same thing in different form. To drink I had the horchata, but it was not memorable.

Mexican Parking Catering

Yxta Cocina Mexicana  Restaurant Reviews

Yxta Cocina Mexicana is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Yxta Prices, Yxta Cocina Mexicana Yelp And Menu And Prices, Yxta Cocina Mexicana Review, Yxta, Yxta Menu, Yxta Cocina Mexicana, Yxta Los Angeles Menu Prices, and Yxta Menu Prices.