1307 S Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60605

Zapatista

Neighborhoods: South Loop
Cuisine: Mexican, Southwestern, Catering

Zapatista is a Mexican, Southwestern, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

justin photo

justin

Going south for the winter

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

With 15 degree weather, it seemed only fitting that we go for some south of the border cuisine to warm up. The cold limited the crowd at Zapatista so the food came out in lightning quick speed. Some nice spanish Christmas music and Christmas lights helped set a very nice mood.

Burrito

Pretty nicely done, but the chicken wasn’t moist enough for my taste. It comes with spanish rice, black beans and choice of salsa (I got avocado).

Raspberry Mojito

Sweet and tasty but not strong enough.

Hawiana

What a fancy quesadilla! Just the right amount of pork, pineapple, and cheese covered in crumbled Chihuahua cheese and sauce. Comes with a nice lump of fresh guacamole too!

Fruit Margarita

It looks unassuming, but it’s tasty and quite potent. It’ll get you warm and buzzing before you have to go back out into the cold.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

yummy fancy mexican

this is probably the one of the more upscale mexican restaurants i’ve been to in chicago. the service can be a little spotty, but the menu is variegated and the atmosphere can be fun & loud when bustling. they’ve got this cool fresh guacamole cart (appetizer) where they make the guacamole dip tableside, and an outside dining area on the sidewalk. some of the entrees are pricey so i always get the 3 tacos for a good deal.

3 tacos

choose 3 different types of fancy-shmancy tacos. each taco has a twist so it’s not your typical boring taco paco.

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Meh Mexican

I arrived a little early so I waited at the bar. The bartender was real friendly and so I ordered a drink to pass the time (great way, huh?). I ordered La Seorita, a mix of margarita and sangria. It gave me a light buzz to start off the night. The drink was fairly strong so, much more margarita than sangria.

My friend arrived and we were seated promptly. The servers were very friendly and upbeat, which was great. Unfortunately, the food was so so. I really enjoyed the guacamole; it had a nice tinge of spice. But the main dish, the lomito de puerco. I felt that the swiss chard just clashed with the pork. Maybe it was just that dish, but my friend didn’t really enjoy the chipotle chicken enchilada as much as she thought she would.

Maybe we just have really high expectations regarding Mexican fare. Based on the review, I feel like we should have opted for the tacos. But so far, this was my first experience, and I won’t be returning so soon.

etoiles photo

etoiles

Chicago, IL

Great service and atmosphere. Definitely enjoy the sidewa...

Great service and atmosphere. Definitely enjoy the sidewalk seating on Wabash on a summer day. Had the fajitas for two – steak and chicken. Steak was a little tough, but the chicken was tender, and the cheesy sauce was a great touch! Huge tequila selection to boot.

Mexican South Loop Southwestern
Mon-Thu 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:30AM - 11:00PM
Sun 10:00AM - 10:00PM

Zapatista  Restaurant Reviews

Zapatista is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Restaurants Near 1307 South Wabash, Fancy Mexican Restaurants In Chicago, Zapatista, Zapatista Chicago, Zapatista 1307 S Wabash, Zapatista 1307 South Wabash Avenue, and Information On Zapatista Chicago.