380 W 7th St

Cuisine: Sushi, Catering, Lunch

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA

We started with the edamame and goyza. The...

We started with the edamame and goyza. The edamame was standard but a bit more cooked then usual but not too mushy. The goyza were spicy and hot and served on a bed of red cabbage with a soy sauce-like dip. It was tasty if you like goyza.

For sushi, we ordered the nouvelle yellowtail sashimi with cilantro and jalapeño which was thin slices of yellowtail with one leave of cilantro and one slice of jalpeno with one drop of sriracha (i think that was the red sauce). It was a nice combination when eaten in one bite but a bit pricey ($18) for 6 slices which I thought equated to 2 or 3 slices of normal yellowtail sashimi. And yellowtail sashimi for 4-8pcs is 16.50.

We then ordered several rolls, spider, shrimp tempura, california, and spicy tuna. I really liked the rice because it was sweet with a slight hint of vinegar. To me, it seemed more authentic sushi rice then most places I’ve been. Besides the rice being different, everything was standard for the rolls we ordered.

For dessert, green tea ice cream which was actually quite tasty considering I really don’t like green tea ice cream. I usually prefer red bean. But this one wasn’t as bitter as it normally is and it was very smooth and creamy. The other dessert was this mango and banana tempura. It had slices of mango or banana covered in tempura batter and drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon powder. I wasn’t too impressed with this dessert cause it really wasn’t anything special.

Overall, i would go back. I’m still interested in trying out the ceviche martini. And I didn’t get a chance to try their sushi this time.

Sushi Sushi Bars Parking

Zen Sushi  Restaurant Reviews

Zen Sushi is located near the cities of Northeast, Oak Cliff, Northeast Dallas White Rock, Cockrell Hill, and Minneapolis.
People found this by searching for: Zen Sushi Oak Cliff Menu, Zen Sushi Dallas Menu, Sushi Restaurant In Dallas Tx, Zen Restaurant Dallas, Tx, Sushi Restaurant Dallas, Zen Sushi Oak Cliff Dallas, and Best Sushi In 75208 Inurl:(Kelkoo|Bizrate|Pixmania|Dealtime|Pricerunner|Dooyoo|Pricegrabber|Pricewatch|Resellerratings|Ebay|Shopbot|Comparestoreprices|Ciao|Unbeatable|Shopping|Epinions|Nextag|Buy|Bestwebbuys).