10681 Mission Rd
Leawood, KS 66206-2700

Zest

Neighborhoods: Mission Farms
Cuisine: American, Casual dining, Comfort Food

Zest is a American, Casual dining, and Comfort Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

jpgtwo photo

jpgtwo

Lenexa, KS

Lively atmosphere. Tony Antonucci happened to...

Lively atmosphere. Tony Antonucci happened to be there. Joe D personally sat with us to schmooze. service attentive, food high quality. Thoroughly enjoyable evening and we will now be regulars. Just plain fun. Joe D knows the restaurant business and his executive chef, Linda Duer has been around and knows how to create a menu. Prices very reasonable especially if you use a Passport dining card. Bon Apetite.

mizzouatheart photo

mizzouatheart

Kansas City, MO

Upscale comfort

I visited Zest on a whim after picking up fresh produce from the Mission Farms farmer’s market. I had my toddler son with me and was not sure what to expect since it looked like a nice place. However, I had read the KC Star review in which the reviewer’s children enjoyed the food and took a chance. I was not disappointed. We were immediately seated in a quiet area of the restaurant although it was fairly busy. They provided great entertainment (i.e., crayons) for Alex and a clean high chair.

I was very pleased with the offerings but had to go with the meatloaf since it has received the most attention. It was amazing. The meatloaf, a combination of ground sirloin, veal and pork, had a dense but not tough texture with that wonderful chewy crust. Not bland at all and not greasy. Two large slices of it, too! The wild mushroom demi-glace was rich and not too thick. The garlic mashed potatoes were also creamy and rich, but the herb-roasted roma tomatoes were disappointing. They lacked flavor and were mealy, which surprised me given the farmers market tomatoes available outside. I LOVE the options on the kid’s menu and chose mac-n-cheese with fresh green beans for my son. He adored both dishes and I had to sneak a few bites myself! Nice to have healthier side dish options on a kids’ menu.

Meatloaf

JROHR77 photo

JROHR77

Kansas City, MO

Ambience-great. Food- not great.

I went to Zest for lunch and was HIGHLY dissapointed. The price was not the issue, as for lunch it was reasonably priced. However, I ordered the Veggie Pizza and a side salad. I could have seriously made this at my home (and better). Normally a Veggie pizza has more on there then canned sauce, and a little asparagus and zucchini. The side salad was fancy lettuce, nothing more.

I was still hungry after I left. I looked at other people’s items at my table, and nothing looked tempting to eat except the hamburger. Almost everyone in our group of 9 said they really didn’t care for the food. For something new and getting a lot of hype, I will not be back.

CHEFKC photo

CHEFKC

Leawood, KS

love the atmosphere but forget about the food

been there twice ad a great time love the place but the food really need to be work on, great menu but very disappointing quality. So chef you need to step up to the plate or this going to be an other short live restaurant.

duck confit fetuccini

unseasoned and overcooked pasta topped with a “to much bone” duck confit

meat pizza

this actually was the worst pizza I ever ad rubbery meat with again unseasoned red sauce and a pizza dough who look more like a 3 weeks old pita bread

grilled vidalia onion pizza

this one was not to bad except they must run out of Gorgonzola and use low grade blue cheese crumble

American Casual dining Reservations

Zest  Restaurant Reviews

Zest is located near the cities of Prairie, Prairie Village, Prairie Village, Kansas City Metro Area, and Overland Park.
People found this by searching for: Zest Restaurant Mission Farms, Owners Of Zest In Mission Farms Ks, Zest Mission Farms, Zest Mission Farms Menu, Zest Leawood Ks, and Zest Mission Farms Leawood.