422 Detroit St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1118

Zingerman's Delicatessen

Neighborhoods: Bach
Cuisine: Deli, Sandwiches, Bakeries

Zingerman's Delicatessen is a Deli, Sandwiches, and Bakeries restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Tantalizing food."
  • 8/02/2015

A Deli chowhound from Troy, MI tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 9/13/2014

A Deli chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/14/2014

A Deli chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 11/30/2013

Pros
    Tantalizing food.
QB
    Sandwich-300x200

autofoodie photo

autofoodie

Washington, DC

A Deli with Love

Best deli in the country (and yes I have been to many New York delis); best specialty food store I have been to as well. Located at the corner of Detroit and Kingsley Streets, Zingerman’s has a reputation beyond compare and it is a singular draw in Ann Arbor for many. Its sandwiches are unique, fresh and loaded, and are complemented by two whole buildings filled with house made breads, cheese, gelatos and pastries; house cured meats and olives; a pantheon of rare olive oils, vinegars, mustards, sauces, spices and other specialty goodies. The dill pickles alone with their emphasis on the dill and the garlic and the salt and not on the vinegar (re: jarred dill pickles) are unrivaled by ant. I have tried about 25 different pickles in DC and none have even come remotely close to Zing’s. I have tried a bunch of deli sandwiches here too and none yet have been awful, but none have had the love that Zingerman’s packs into their sandwiches, which make them the best. At a DC or NY deli, if you order pastrami or ham or whatever, they slap a heaping portion between two slices of rye bread and “badda-bing.” Nice sandwich, no love. At Zingerman’s, you might end up with Jimmy Wants Rosemary’s Baby, piles of thin sliced country ham with house made fresh mozzarella and tomato slices, with a beautiful combination of olive oil and balsamic vinegar from their stores, all between two thick slices of house made sesame semolina bread. Makes my mouth water. But hey, you want that corned beef on rye or the turkey Reuben at Zingerman’s? They’ve got you covered. And still manage to pack in the love.

Read this and other reviews as well as my own recipes at www.autofoodography.com

Jimmy Wants Rosemary's Baby

Sesame semolina bread, fresh mozzarella, country ham, tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My absolute favorite!

Roger's Big Picnic

Farmhouse bread with grilled asparagus and portobello mushrooms grilled with cheddar cheese and dijon mustard. A tangy, salty delight for the vegetarians!

Zingerman's Gelato

SO creamy. SO flavorful. SO homemade. The flavors rotate by season usually and they will give you as many tastes as you want. Mostly because they know that you can never get enough, so you’ll be buying eventually.

Zingerman's Pickles

I consider myself a pickle snob and these dill pickles (“old” in deli speak) are creme de la creme de la pickle. No briny vinegar that make many pickles taste like vlasicks — understated and divine in their salty, garlicky goodness. When they ran out for a month or so last year, I was visibly depressed (well, not really, but it felt that way).

Corned Beef Reuben

I’m not a big reuben fan, but my mother and brother swear by this one. Their mouths literally water when they mention it. I would normally give a Reuben 2 stars, but this kraut is actually great with the corned beef. Literally piles of that Corned Beef. So tasty. Not my first choice anywhere, but here it is pretty yummy.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

pricey, but fun

my very good friend introduced me to zingerman’s brownies not too long ago, so when i visited her in ann arbor, she took me to this specialty store located downtown. i’m easily smitten w/european delis and i suppose zingerman’s is no exception. although a bit pricey, a splurge every now and then seems in order.

Magic Brownies (4)

they’re as thick as they come, with or without walnuts, and oh how they melt in your mouth. you’ve gotta try it at least once.

Ellen's Inter-Continental Sesame Salad

it’s hecka expensive for the smaller portion, but it’s fresh and refreshing, and with an interesting flavor w/the noodles thrown on top. the chicken breast is far from dry, and overall, this salad makes for an excellent meal.

JuniaK photo

JuniaK

Ann Arbor, MI

phenomenal sandwiches - especially the turkey...

phenomenal sandwiches – especially the turkey reuben. very cute and inviting!

babette111 photo

babette111

Ann Arbor, MI

If you're in Ann Arbor...

… you must hit Zingerman’s. Best, biggest sandwiches with the best of ingredients and the largest choice anywhere. Not cheap but if you’ve never been, you gotta go at least once.

mmmfood1 photo

mmmfood1

Ann Arbor, MI

Zingerman's and some zing to my taste buds!

Zingerman’s Deli has been an Ann Arbor classic and favorite for years and years, with many more to come. Not only do you get exceptional food but you get an experience!

Everything about Zingerman’s says fun and friendly! You first walk in to the deli where everything looks so delicious and tempting from the cheeses to the seemingly endless varieties of bread. Then you get to the menu which has something for everyone. The Zingerman’s waiters come out to you and take your order and are ready with suggestions for first timers and are ready to shake things up for long time deli vets. You then go next door, where you can sit outside (great anytime it’s nice, sunny and perfect temps) or sit inside where you can get Zingerman’s swag, good local reads and even more food and drinks if you so choose. The waiter come bring the food to you and let yourself enjoy!!!

Great sandwiches, salads and more made with tasty, organic, filling ingredients!!!

The only downside of this all is the price. This is not an everyday thing for most people but it can certainly be a nice treat once in a while! :)

76. Thad's "Yes I Can"

This is a great sandwich! Chicken covered in muenster cheese with a delicious red pepper sauce on fantastic grilled sourdough bread…how can you go wrong?!

MIfoodie photo

MIfoodie

Grand Rapids, MI

Sorry but this place is bad

I looked forward to eating here based on other reviews. I ordered a reuben and it was terrible. It was just bad food. I have no idea what people see in this place. Bad food for high prices.

Corned Beef Reuben

Dry, stale bread
Flavorless Beef
Terrible sandwich

lovetoexplore photo

lovetoexplore

Ypsilanti, MI

HARDLY a real "NY" Deli

The guy before may have eaten in NY delis, but I grew up there and ate in them for over 50 years, and SORRY, this isn’t it! Tried it 3 times in the last 4 years I’ve been here, it just doesn’t cut it. Though the quality of meats is pretty good (NOT great, and the pastrami is a serious let down, as is the brisket), the sandwiches are NOT huge by NY standands, it is outrageously expensive for what you get, and the overall experience seriously let me down every time. We still drive all the way to Southfield from AA for Pastrami, (STAR Deli) and actually feel very lucky that a Bread Basket has opened up on Ellsworth – now THAT is SERIOUS Corned Beef. the BEST I have had, NY or anywhere. I am NOT a NY food snob (though NO one here has a clue about real pizza!), and have found many wonderful places to eat out here – this just isn’t one of them.

lvhiphop photo

lvhiphop

Milwaukee, WI

Great sandwich, be ready to drop $$$$

I loved the old Jewish Deli feel of the place and the enormous variety of different meats/cheeses/sandwiches. I also liked that they offered a sandwich in small/large based on the amount of meat you wanted.
What I didn’t love was the huge price for my small reuben which, while delicious, was about $15.
Not that I’m cheap, but I don’t think I’ve ever paid that much for a sandwich without anything else (chips/side/salad/drink).
I also tried a dixie cup full of gelato which was also tasty but $5. I think lunch for 3 people was close to $60 with drinks and my gelato.
The only reason I didn’t rate the sandwich as outstanding is because it wasn’t a good value.

Zingerman's Gelato

I had the dark chocolate which was fantastic

Ann Arbor tradition. If you are a bread snob, or have a ...

Ann Arbor tradition. If you are a bread snob, or have a weakness of aged, imported, slightly-smelly but oh so tasty cheese, this is your place. You probably can find a cheaper (and as large) as a sandwich in SE Michigan, but you will have to hunt.

My favorite sandwich is the Sherman’s Sure Choice: Pumpernickel, cole slaw, swiss, russian dressing with a whooole lot of delicious, moist corned beef. You probably should wash it down with your favorite statin! (Lipitor, Zocor, etc).

If you have room for desert, try a brownie! One is enough for at least two.

Deli Downtown Sandwiches
Dyepu4otqr3zyoaby-glfx
autofoodie

Washington, DC

Bidqhipaar3py-aby-e0eb
rwarren69

Montréal, QC

Zingerman's Delicatessen  Restaurant Reviews

Zingerman's Delicatessen is located near the cities of Pittsfield.
People found this by searching for: Zingerman's Deli Menu, Zingermans Pickle Recipe, Zingerman's Pickles, Dill Bhach Dely, Zingerman's Gelato, Zingermans Pickles, Zingerman's Deli Dill Pickles, Zingerman's Dc, and Zingerman's Delicatessen Menu.