HOLY CRAP DON’T EAT HERE EVER!
I ate here once when they first opened. I decided to give it another try today for lunch since I was going to be in the area. OMG was this a mistake!
I went to the restaurant around 11:30am 9/9/2015. I ordered their General Kapao Chicken, lunch special.
The food was ok, not great. I expected the chicken to be a bit more crispy than it was, considering I was the only customer and I was eating in the restaurant. Regardless, this review has nothing to do with the food.
After finishing my food, I still had 3/4 of my Diet Coke left in my cup. I decided to chug it before leaving. I got down to the last centimeter of Coke, only to realize that it felt a little bit chunkier going down my throat than I would expect. I looked in the glass and saw many little chunks. At first I thought that they were just bits of food or something, but I was drinking with a straw, so I don’t know how they would have gotten in there. Closer inspection revealed that they were tiny little bugs. Some dead, some swimming. OH MY GOD, I SERIOUSLY JUST CHUGGED A GLASS OF BUGS! I’m not talking about A bug that happened to fly into my drink. I am talking about a swarm of little baby cockroaches IN MY DRINK! This was like something straight out of Fear Factor. I started to panic. I started to shake. I did not know what to do. I started taking pictures, but could not even hold the camera still. I came really close to barfing all over the place, but tried to focus on pretending that this did not just happen.
After gaining my composure somewhat, I showed the restaurant staff. They tried to tell me it must have just been in my cup, but I then pointed out that one of the metal trays near the drink dispenser was teaming with little bugs. They were everywhere. All over the drink machine and surrounding area!
I was able to get my money back, and then frantically called the health department. The pictures that I sent to the health department are attached.