201-612-1188

206 Rock Rd ( )

Glen Rock, NJ 07452

Tags: Chines, Online Ordering, Dinner, Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Jpanese, and Delivery

Reviews for Tani

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by elvisdo

Tani Defies and Enhances the Asian Cuisine Experience

My wife and I were looking forward to a lunch date in Glen Rock, NJ at a restaurant we just found and adore. Unfortunately, the day we decided to go was the day that they were closed. So in order to salvage the outing, we walked around the town to see what other eating establishments we were in the mood for. Tani caught my wife’s eye and I figured why not try it out. We both like Japanese food and the place looked great for first appearances. Little did I know how impressed I was truly going to be after eating at this place.

Tani is described as a Pan-Asian dining experience that offers sophisticated style and high quality food at good prices. This place offers a variety of different Asian cuisines from Chinese to Japanese to Thai. That alone is very impressive. The decor in the restaurant is spectacular. This place had a very New York City-type of feel to it. What blew my mind was that Tani invoked that same feeling.

Tani offers Dim Sum but not in the same was that you would usually find in a Chinese restaurant. There are only a few select items on the menu that you can choose from but they are the more popular dishes, though I do have to admit that it does cost much more than regular dim sum.

My wife selected the Sashimi Lunch and was impressed by the freshness of the fish. This makes a huge difference. Once you eat sashimi from a place like this, you’ll be scratching your head as to why you would eat it from any other place that doesn’t make it with fresh fish.

I opted to try the Thai dishes. The lunch box menu made the decision easy as well as I sampled the Thai Coconut Curry with Jumbo Shrimp. It was very aromatic and delicious. The dish comes with soup and rice.

The service is impeccable and the restaurant is absolutely clean. That may seem like it should be a given but when you see this place you will understand why this makes a huge difference. The ambiance is inviting, intimate and completely relaxing. Tani has definitely found two fans who will definitely be back for more excellent food and atmosphere.

3.0

Bothered to Breathe

If you ever call on the phone they sound annoyed to be awake and something as easy as breathing is a challenge.
They also discourage you from ordering. Just recently the wait to pick up was 20 minutes. They asked if I still wanted to place the order? Really. The food is very good but the front service is the worst.
So food gets my four stars and pick up none.

terrible

tried to make a resevation but they seemed annoyed that i called.we did go for dinner and ordered a shrimp dish.it came with only 3 shrimps!!and a lot of attidude.needless to say will never go back.

Tani is located near the cities of Hawthorne, Ridgewood, Fair Lawn, Midland Park, and Prospect Park.
People found this by searching for: Tani Glen Rock Menu, Tani Rest, Tani In Glen Rock Nj, Tani In Glen Rock, Tani Restaurant Glen Rock, Tani Glen Rock Nj, Tani Glen Rock, and Tani Restaurant Menu Glen Rock.

288d63264a3c16b10d928957f1bb18de