Katella Deli-Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Los Alamitos
Cuisine: Deli, Catering, Lunch

Katella Deli-Restaurant is a Deli, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"All the food is GREAT!"
"Love the Food!, Very Yummy! & The Employees are Real Friendly!, & Good Service! Thank You! :)"
"Nice, comfortable, family atmosphere, but you have enough privacy for it to be good for a casual date also!"
"Wide variety of deli sandwiches with plenty of meat. Pleasant wait staff. The bakery is fantastic."
"The carrot raisin salad"
"Deli food"
Cons
"N/a"
"Always enjoyed the food here."
"It is one of our favorite places and we have found nothing wrong yet."
Pickles photo

Pickles

Huntington Beach, CA

Not so deli-cious

I took my family to Katella Deli for dinner last night it was very dispointing. First, my husband ordered the chicken liver dinner – the liver was cold, the vegies were cold and the rye bread served with the dinner was stale. My french dip sandwich with cheese and carmelized onions was ice cold, the au jus was cold, and the cheese was not even melted. My son had a patty melt that was so dry, but it was warm! The waitress came by and checked after 20 minutes which was to late to re-order dinner because we had an appointment to get to.

We’ll never cross their doorway again………..

gkmusician photo

gkmusician

Please Stay Away From This Burnt-Out establishment.

Please Stay Away From This Burnt-Out Restaurant. My family had been going to this establishment since the 70’s and last weekend fiasco was one of the countless disappointments we’ve had with this restaurant, so we decided that we’ll never go back to Katella Deli any longer.

To make the long story short, we’ve noticed that from the Owner/Management and on down to the employees, ‘Burn-Out’ and ’Don’t Care Attitude’ are so evident. From poor food quality to harsh attitude of the wait staff, it’s so obvious that this Restaurant should just call it quits and close the door shut. We celebrated a Birthday and a Wedding Anniversary only to be mistreated and given poor quality food. We normally give over 15% tips but we didn’t feel that the ‘wait staff’ deserve the 10% we left them. To the Management of Katella Deli, please do the public a favor by following your burnt-out attitudes and close down. If you really want to stay in business, please get some Professional Culinary and Guest Hospitality Training.

stseng photo

stseng

Irvine, CA

Great catering option

We ordered a sandwich buffet from Katella Deli for a corporate meeting. We got a great spread of lean corn beef, pastrami, turkey, salami, and rare roast beef. Nice bread spread, great pickles/relish tray, potato salad, and cole slaw. Lots of leftovers.

The tray of cookies was great for the afternoon.

They delivered (per mile delivery fee). Excellent alternative to usual pre-made sandwiches at corporate meetings.

Sandwiches

Make your own sandwiches

Cookies

Excellent variety of cookies on the cookie tray.

kristyn711 photo

kristyn711

Seal Beach, CA

Bagel, Cream Cheese, Lox Oh MY!!!

I had the wierdest craving this morning for bagel, cream cheese and lox. Stop there…I’m not expecting….LOL! Anyway, I called a friend who lived in the area and asked where I could possibly get my craving taken care of and she suggested Katella Deli. I’ve had this yummy dish before but never from here. Let’s just say that I’m going to try my very best to only get it from Katella Deli going forward. The smoked salmon was perfect and the cream cheese was fresh and simple. Sometimes when you get this combo the salmon can often taste “fishy” or the cream cheese will overtake the taste of the salmon. This was not the case. Thank you Katella Deli! :o)

May 21, 2012

Katella Bakery's New Ownership Loses Customers

Say goodbye to what was once a fabulous bakery. It was a very exciting place before the new ownership took over and decided to overhaul the previous amazing mouth watering experience when viewing the previous bakery shelves. Previously…

Deli Outdoor seating Good For Kids
Tips
  • The adjoining bakery offers a full selection of sweet treats such as cakes, pies and breakfast standards like bagels, croissants and muffins.
  • The enclosed (yet airy) patio offers a cheery experience with a sun roof, plenty of plants, brick accents and padded white wrought-iron chairs.

Katella Deli-Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 8/11/2016 A diner from Ontario, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 8/09/2016 A diner from Cypress, CA tried it.

• 7/24/2016 A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 7/10/2016 A diner from Cypress, CA tried it.

• 7/04/2016 A diner from Garden Grove, CA tried it.

• 6/10/2016 A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 6/10/2016 A diner from Long Beach, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    All the food is GREAT!
    Cons
    N/a
  • 6/08/2016 A diner from San Juan Capistrano, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/12/2016 A diner from Santa Ana, CA tried it.

• 5/08/2016 A diner from Placentia, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Katella Deli-Restaurant is located near the cities of Rossmoor, Hawaiian Gardens, Cypress, and La Palma.
People found this by searching for: Katella Deli Los Alamitos Ca, Katella Deli Website, Katella Deli, Katella Deli Menu Los Alamitos Ca, Katella Bakery Menu, Katella Deli Restaurant Menu, and Katella Deli Menu.